View Full Version : DVDA 4.5 Screen selection woes

Roger Shealy
May 10th, 2008, 07:17 AM
I'm in a project where I am showing several instructional videos for assembling different dessert options. I want a master menu that allow two options:

1. Play all (starts from beginning and plays to end of all files)
2. Choose a dessert (takes you to a secondary menu to select a dessert)

I then want the 2nd menu to present the different desserts and allow the user to play whichever dessert instruction he wants and pull back to the secondary menu at the conclusion of that dessert (chapter)

So far I have the first menu with "Play All" working fine, and the selection of the dessert on the second menu works fine as well. The problem is I can't find a way to make DVDA pull out at the end of a dessert (chapter) and return to the second menu. End Actions seem to only apply to the end of the whole production.

How can I play only a single chapter at a time in DVDA?

John Rofrano
May 10th, 2008, 09:05 AM
What you have to do is drag the original media into the 2nd menu for every chapter button and delete the existing chapter buttons so that the new media buttons are now the chapter buttons. Then double-click on each new chapter button and set the In and Out points to just play that chapter in the media. DVD Architect is smart enough to just add the physical media to the DVD only once and it will create the proper navigation for each button as a reference to that media.

~jr

Roger Shealy
May 10th, 2008, 12:13 PM
O.K. JR, I'm going in.....

Thanks, I'll give an update later.

John Rofrano
May 10th, 2008, 12:25 PM
O.K. JR, I'm going in.....

Keep your head down. I'll cover you... now GO... GO... GO... :-D

~jr

Roger Shealy
May 10th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Mission accomplished! Worked like a champ.

I just inserted media at the menu level (couldn't figure out how to click and drag, just right clicked and said insert media) which inserted the menu button. Repeated six times, then set up the navigation of buttons, cut-ins, cut-outs, and we're off to the races.

Thanks so much for taking the time to help!

John Rofrano
May 11th, 2008, 05:33 AM
You're welcome. Glad it worked out.

~jr

Jeff Harper
May 11th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Thanks guys, I can really use this information!

John Rofrano
May 11th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Thanks guys, I can really use this information!
There's lots more information like this in the VASST Training DVD: Absolute Training for Vegas+DVD, Vol. 3 "Getting started with DVD Architect" ;-)

~jr