View Full Version : Crashes

Gary Randall
May 20th, 2008, 02:18 PM
I am using VMS Platinum 8.0 and it has crashed on me 3 times in the last couple of days. I am also running Vista on a HP Laptop 2X64, plus 3 GB of ram. Is there anything I can do to stop the crashes? It crashes when I am working on a project. The computer just goes blank and then re-boots itself

Gary

Rick Diaz
May 20th, 2008, 09:32 PM
It appears you have a conflict somewhere, most likely with something running in the background. You need to do a CTRL-ALT-DELETE to bring up the Taskmanager before you load Vegas and see what programs and processes are running. Close or terminate any that aren't necessary for running Windows or your hardware. The website www.processlibrary.com can be very helpful in determining what can and can't be shut down. Type msconfig in the Run dialog and click Selective Startup. From there you can designate what programs should and shouldn't run at startup. Many of these are apllets that have no use as far as Windows is concerned. Things like reminders or autoupdate programs for Yahoo toolbar or Adobe products can be turned off without consequence other than you'll have to update those programs manually.

Kim Olsson
May 21st, 2008, 03:36 PM
If the computer is restart itself, chack the temperature while rendering.
While rendering the CPU(s) would normally use 100% of your CPU, which can get really HOT...

And if it reach the motherboards maximum temperature roof, it will restart or shutdown so the CPU dont burn up...

Maximum temperature for intel core 2 duo is 82degrees celcius i think, amd I dont know..

If this is the case, your computer is generating to much heat. And you must change the cooling or let your computer dont be isolated where the cool air will go inside, and the hot air go out... (Make free space around it)

You have a laptop, they all have problems with heat, try buy a notebook cooling pad.

HP is they most annoying PC seller. They always pack their computers with 100 applications which you proberly never have use for. I have a HP dv6599 eo my self....

Format your HP, download the drivers from HP's website. But ONLY the neccesary like, graphic/video, audio, wlan, card reader, wifi, fingerprint reader and so on.

HP have added so much to your system when you buy it that makes you computer work likt a PentiumIII 700mhz....

I have done this and i reduced my startup time with Vista from 2minutes to 40seconds...

HP have also added alot of background procceses which is checking for updates for their 100 apps, drivers, and alot more...

My Hp dv6599 eo is about 3x times faster now then before, on everything...

/Kim