View Full Version : Clip Browser puzzle

Bill Parker
May 30th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I shot an interview a couple of weeks ago and I copied it through Clip Browser to an archive drive (from my card). I then transferred the clip through XDCAM Transfer to my edit drive. I've been editing the interview without any problem. I just now upgraded the operating system to 10.5.3 and - coincidentally or not - the original BPAV clip on the archive drive is not recognizable by either Clip Browser or XDCAM Transfer. The clip has an X on it and nothing else. I've since backed up (again) the clip I had transferred the other week so I have the file. The BPAV folder is still there and indicates it is the same file size. I just can't access it. Has anyone else run into anything like this? i've checked all my other files and they're fine.

Thanks.

Craig Seeman
May 30th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Version of Clip Browser and Transfer Tool?

Transfer tool is now at version 2.7.
ClipBrowser is still 1.0.1 on Mac though.

One reason why I don't like archiving to a hard drive is that files can still be altered.

I'm on 10.5.3 and ClipBrowser and Transfer Tool both still access the BPAV clips I have on my hard drive. Everything gets backed up to DL-DVD though.

Bill Parker
May 30th, 2008, 02:16 PM
I'm at 1.0 on ClipBrowser & 2.7 on XDCAM Transfer. I'll update ClipBrowser, but I'm not sure it'll make much difference.

The files weren't altered at first - which is why I could make the transfer. It only changed over time. Weird.

Thanks.