View Full Version : Transferring Clips Spanning Two Cards

Dave Bingham
June 3rd, 2008, 10:00 PM
I have my first video spanning two 16GB cards. I imported the two clips into one folder on my Mac using the Clip Browser v1.1. Then using XDCAM Transfer utility v2.5.1 I can locate the two clips and the software combined the two clips, but the import button is grayed out and I can't import into a Quicktime movie into FCP. Any ideas?

Craig Seeman
June 3rd, 2008, 10:14 PM
http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=122588

Andrew Hollister
June 4th, 2008, 11:15 AM
did you add in and out points?

Craig Seeman
June 4th, 2008, 12:03 PM
In and outs not needed. Make sure all folders are Added in XDCAM Transfer tool and select the .SMI.

Dave Bingham
June 4th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks a lot for your help. I needed to set an in and out point before the IMPORT button became active in the Transfer Tool utility.

Craig Seeman
June 4th, 2008, 02:21 PM
But you shouldn't have to do that. You're subclipping (masterclipping?).
If all folders that contain spanned are added in ClipBrowser then selecting the .smi will import all parts and join as one.

Try in Transfer tool 2.7

Thanks a lot for your help. I needed to set an in and out point before the IMPORT button became active in the Transfer Tool utility.

Mathieu Ghekiere
June 4th, 2008, 02:29 PM
On my Mac, and I think I have the latest release of the software too, I also have to put in and outpoints before I can import. I once selected them all, and imported them, figuring that everything would be automatically imported, but that one incomplete shot wasn't imported. Only noticed it afterwards, after it was too late, luckily it wasn't a deal breaker.

PS: This was only with the incomplete shot spanning 2 cards.

Craig Seeman
June 4th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I really think I need to do an online tutorial about this.

Paul Chiu
June 4th, 2008, 04:04 PM
craig,

you should post something on youtube or vimeo!

then we put a sticky up top.

paul

Raymond Schlogel
June 4th, 2008, 10:45 PM
I think a video tutorial would be kinda awesome.

- Ray