View Full Version : pricing & availability of ex-3

Ed Kukla
June 9th, 2008, 08:04 PM
I was told by an authorized dealer the ex-3 will sell for about $8000 US. He said there had already been a price drop.
And availability is in about a month.

Any way to verify this stuff?

Ray Bell
June 9th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Yes, just go to B&H to see for yourself....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/563219-REG/Sony_PMW_EX3_PMW_EX3_XDCAM_EX_HD_CAMCORDER.html

Barry J. Anwender
June 9th, 2008, 09:23 PM
And also at AbelCineTech with pricing and details that showed up this morning. Note that it includes the purpose-built interchangeable Fujinon lens and one 8GB memory card.

www.abelcine.com/store/product.php?productid=1001002&cat=329&page=1#tabs

Tim Polster
June 9th, 2008, 09:55 PM
So is their knowledge that this lens is the same lens as on the EX-1?

Barry J. Anwender
June 9th, 2008, 10:39 PM

I just reviewed FreshDV's NAB 2007 interview with Sony's Bob Ott and there is nothing mentioned to say specifically that the EX3 Fuginon is the same as the EX1. I also reviewed Phil Bloom's review of the EX3 and although he does not specifically say the lens is the same as the EX3, the close up shots do seem to confirm that it the same lens only removable.

So your question does raise some doubt? Perhaps some of the folks who attended the NAB have more details. Then Phil Bloom should be able to definitively answer this question.

Barry J. Anwender
June 9th, 2008, 10:56 PM

OK Adam Wilt's review confirms that it is the same. Here is his quote:

Interchangeable lenses (the camera comes with a removable version of the EX1’s Fujinon 14x, using a new “wide mouth” mount. Into the wide mouth mount you can fit 1/2” or 2/3” mount adapters, complete with hot-shoe lens connectors, as well as EX3 wide mouth mount lenses. The wide mouth allows fitting 1/2” and 2/3” adapters with no change in flange depth; it’s really a “mount for lens adapters” as much as it’s a “mount for lenses").