View Full Version : matching an A1 with a JVC GY-HD100

Max Mishler
June 13th, 2008, 08:38 AM
I have an upcoming concert to shoot with these 2 cams and I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas about getting them matched as close as possible. I shoot nightly with the JVC so I'm pretty comfortable adjusting it but this will be my first time with the A1 although I'll have it about a week prior to the shoot to get used to it. I know both of these cams can import custom profiles so maybe there's some that are pretty close on both and then just some minor tweaking. Also, I want to put one of these on a jib/crane but I'll need to be able to hook it up to standard servo type controls and not a lanc type connection. I know the JVC is fully capable of this but how about the A1? Thanks for any and all input.

Mark Fry
June 16th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Try using the TrueColor preset available for both the XH-A1 and the HD100 created by Paulo Ciccone, described on his web-site (http://paolociccone.com/blog/?cat=46). Quite a few people report that they are using them successfully and they should give near-identical results from the two cameras.