View Full Version : Attempting to upload video to web for blog use

Ray Harkness
July 3rd, 2008, 02:49 PM
OK,

I have a newbie question here...

I recorded several small "bumpers" while on vacation at Walt Disney World that I was going to use on my trip report I'm drafting for my blog. I attempted to upload the mpg that was created when I converted the .TOD with PowerDirector 5 Express that comes with the GZ-HD7. I'm uploading to Google Video since I can flag the videos as private but still reference them in my blog.

When the file gets uploaded it's of poor quality and thumbnail sized. Is this just a negative of using Google Video? I'm getting the same results when uploading to Flickr.

I'm using the Create a File --> MPEG2 (DVD LP quality). I've tried most quality levels and gotten the same results.

Kaushik Parmar
July 4th, 2008, 12:33 AM
OK,

I have a newbie question here...

I recorded several small "bumpers" while on vacation at Walt Disney World that I was going to use on my trip report I'm drafting for my blog. I attempted to upload the mpg that was created when I converted the .TOD with PowerDirector 5 Express that comes with the GZ-HD7. I'm uploading to Google Video since I can flag the videos as private but still reference them in my blog.

When the file gets uploaded it's of poor quality and thumbnail sized. Is this just a negative of using Google Video? I'm getting the same results when uploading to Flickr.

I'm using the Create a File --> MPEG2 (DVD LP quality). I've tried most quality levels and gotten the same results.

You should try www.vimeo.com

It is HD website.

Ray Harkness
July 4th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks Kaushik,

I'll give vimeo a shot.

Wayne Avanson
July 4th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Yeah, Vimeo is pretty good. They mess with your file a bit before you get to see it online, but it's still pretty good at the end of the day.

There are tutorials on their site about the best way to save your files before uploading, to give the best results, and there are also people there to help if you get stuck.