View Full Version : Cineform and Blackmagic ETA?

Graham Kay
July 23rd, 2008, 06:28 AM
Just to keep chipping away at a topic already raised a few times in this forum...

What is the latest on Cineform/Blackmagic compatibility?

The combination of Cineform with realtime preview I/O through a Blackmagic card would be so amazingly useful and would benefit both companies surely.

David Taylor
July 23rd, 2008, 08:48 AM
We agree. As was discussed in a different thread, Blackmagic has problems with their drivers when used by third parties. They have been unresponsive about fixing them unfortunately. That has been the bulk of the delay. We hoped to have this working for NAB 08.

However...we have figured a way to work around their problem, and we intend to do so. Hopefully we will be on this in the near future. I hate to quote dates when priorities can change, but we hope to have this available in the next month or (more likely) two.

Graham Kay
July 24th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Thanks, David. This is really encouraging. Is it worthwhile for us users to badger Blackmagic about working on the problem at their end too, even if you beat them to it with your workaround?

Cheers

David Newman
July 24th, 2008, 03:45 PM
No beating up on Blackmagic, they have great products and are very busy. We understand how an overfilled schedule can make addressing even small issue difficult, particularly when it doesn't impact everyone. We have an work aournd in mind, now to make a place for it in our schedule.

Graham Kay
July 25th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Understood. Perhaps now I'll go ahead and buy one of their cards instead, and await news of your workaround!

Marc Salvatore
July 27th, 2008, 12:21 PM
David,

Would this "problem" explain why I get low quality previews using my Intesity card and Neo in Vegas 8?

Thanks, Marc

David Newman
July 27th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Not related.