View Full Version : I'm a little confused with all the different transfer techniques...

Shaun R Walker
August 4th, 2008, 04:27 AM
I have been transferring footage from my EX-1 to FCP using the XDCAM Transfer application from within FCP. I have been doing this since I first got my EX-1 with perfect results every time. However, I have seen many posts on these forums regarding transferring, and it seems that there are several different ways of getting clips into an NLE. My question is, am I doing it right or is there a better way?

Also, on a related subject, I have a client who is editing on PC, so I dragged and dropped my BPAV folders onto his external drive. Will this be OK for editing on PC, or do I need to do something else?

Noah Kadner
August 4th, 2008, 05:01 AM
Firewire transfer is pretty much the same in terms of quality. The only other real method is via HD-SDI. But this accomplishes nothing extra in terms of quality- unless done from the live signal.

Noah

George Kroonder
August 4th, 2008, 06:39 AM
I have seen many posts on these forums regarding transferring, and it seems that there are several different ways of getting clips into an NLE.

Not really. You can use Clip Browser (Mac Pro/Windows) as an alternative. Using live capture from the camera (i.Link, HD SDI or analog) really isn't the way to get your footage into the NLE...

George/