View Full Version : no chapters imported to DVDA5

Marius Boruch
August 4th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Suddenly DVD Architect doesn't import/open mpeg2 files from vegas without chapters/markers??? what happened. those files were rendered in vegas with markers...

John Rofrano
August 4th, 2008, 11:02 AM
For MPEG-2 files the markers aren't actually embedded. They are kept in a separate file with the same filename and the extension of .mpg.sfl (so myVideo.mpg generates myVideo.mpg.sfl). Make sure that this file exists and is in the same folder with the original mpg file.

~jr

Jeff Harper
August 4th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Same thing has happened to me, what John says is correct of course. If you move your project files, but not all the necessary ones, your markers won't follow.

Marius Boruch
August 4th, 2008, 11:42 AM
yes, those files were created and were in the same folder; it was working OK and suddenly I experience problems

Jeff Harper
August 4th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Try Saving As project to a brand new folder, maybe they are corrupted?

Marius Boruch
August 4th, 2008, 05:10 PM
saving as project will not create sfl files - only render as will

Jeff Harper
August 4th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Oh well, so much for that idea!

John Rofrano
August 5th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Ultimate S Pro (http://www.vasst.com/product.aspx?id=003acce5-c577-4208-937b-22b12dae03e5) has a function on the DVD tab that will rebuild the file for you. Just open the original project and it will create the .sfl file from your markers.

There is a 15-day fully functional free trial so you could download it and use it just for this purpose but it does a whole lot more so you should check it out. In the interest of "full disclosure" I am one of the authors of Ultimate S but it will solve your problem.

~jr

Jeff Harper
August 5th, 2008, 12:56 PM
I'll vouch for Ultimate S, it is awesome...you can take anything that John says to the bank...I couldn't live without it.