View Full Version : Adobe On Location for HQ mode

Jacques Ahitkin
August 9th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Hey There,

Looking for an onset monitoring/ possible recording approach for my EX-3 in 35mb/sec HQ mode. Info on whether Adobe's On Location will work? I have Mb pro 2.6 4 gb ram 7200 rpm hd, 512 nvidia 1920 X 1200 dislay... running VISTA.

George Kroonder
August 9th, 2008, 02:17 PM
You cannot capture HQ over Firewire, so you need a capture solution for either component or HD SDI.

The only option I know that works with Windows and a notebook is the MOTU V4HD. I you were running the MBP as a mac the AJA Io could also work and capture in ProRes.

George/

P.S. You may also consider a seperate capture device like the upcoming CD Flash XDR/nanoFlash or the FFV Elite HD, although neither has been released yet and compatibility with all EX output modes and/or NLE compatibility has not been established. What has been released is the Wafian HR-F1, recording in Cineform, but that does cost about twice the price of an EX3, but it can be rented for projects.

Ian Mora
January 20th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Anybody catch wind of how much the FFV Elite HD is going to cost?

Anmol Mishra
February 27th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Not sure of the price. Specs look awesome 10-bit 4:2:2 100mbps JPEG2K compression..Hmm!

I hope they price it at 1K - I think they will price it at 3-6K.
Anybody catch wind of how much the FFV Elite HD is going to cost?

David C. Williams
February 27th, 2009, 04:29 PM
From what I read of the FFV HD Elite, it does not seem support to support 1080p?

George Kroonder
March 8th, 2009, 07:10 AM
From what I understand it is geared to broadcast/news and they shoot mostly interlaced. It will also probably have a broadcast/news price tag. Call FFV to confirm; I have no insider info.

George/