View Full Version : Get your EX1 "rebate" for 8 GB card?

Gints Klimanis
August 14th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Has anyone received their 8 GB card mail-in rebate for the Sony EX1?

John Hedgecoe
August 14th, 2008, 02:05 PM
When I bought my camera (Dec 2007), there was no rebate card. You just went to the Sony site to register your camera and fill in a form to get the 8GB SxS.

You then had to print out a form they generated with your particulars and mail that in with the UPC code off the box.

Justin Carlson
August 14th, 2008, 02:33 PM
I got mine about 8 days after I mailed in the rebate card.

Gabriel Florit
August 17th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Got mine about a month after I sent in the rebate.

Adam Reuter
August 19th, 2008, 07:44 PM
I sent my rebate in early July and just received it today. So that's less than the 8 weeks max they guaranteed! Thanks Sony!

Gints Klimanis
September 5th, 2008, 12:21 PM
I have my 8GB card rebate. This has got to be one of the fastest rebates I've ever received.

Brian Leahy
September 5th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Does the card arrive by post or is it delivered by a courier, do you have to be at home to meet the courier and sign for it?

John Godwin
September 6th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Took about a month. It was left on my doorstep.

Gints Klimanis
September 7th, 2008, 12:41 AM
I received mine in the US post box with no signature required. Since I already had an 8 GB and a 16 GB, I'm selling mine. See the Private Classified section.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?p=930343#post930343

Adam Reuter
September 7th, 2008, 03:07 AM
My $500 memory card was just sitting on my doorstep waiting to be stolen, delivered by USPS. Luckily it was in a small discreet gray package. I'm glad it didn't rain!

Tom Vaughan
September 7th, 2008, 09:55 AM
I ordered my camera from B&H Photo. They added a 2nd 8 GB card automatically to the order (it is listed as "Manufacturer's Rebate Free Item" on the invoice). It came on the same day as the camera, via UPS in a separate envelope. The other 8 GB card was in the box with the camera. Two cards, no waiting... no survey... no rebate forms.

Alex Raskin
September 7th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Tom, this is interesting.

I also purchased EX1 from B&H, about a month ago.

Got one 8Gb card with the cam, another had to be requested via Rebate form. Got that one in maybe 10 days or so.

Tom Vaughan
September 7th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Yeah... perhaps soon they will just put the 2nd card in the box. Anyhow... kudos to B&H and Sony for making this a little easier.

Kajito Nagib
September 21st, 2008, 10:33 PM
The Sony 8GB Memory Card Mail-In Rebate expires 09/30/08. Just wondering
if anyone knows if Sony will be offering other rebates for the EX1 in the near future.
I'm considering buying the EX1 late this year or early 09. It would be nice if they extended
the rebate for a few more months or maybe even upgrade their rebate to a 16GB card:-)

Bob Jackson
September 21st, 2008, 11:48 PM
My 8 gb s x s card arrived within 2 weeks, delivered right into my Canada Post office box. in a little envelope.
I thought it was a bit weird that Sony did not seem to value the card(sending it regular mail) ,and should have sent it registered or other. IMO

Michael Kraus
September 22nd, 2008, 12:36 AM
The Sony 8GB Memory Card Mail-In Rebate expires 09/30/08. Just wondering
if anyone knows if Sony will be offering other rebates for the EX1 in the near future.
I'm considering buying the EX1 late this year or early 09. It would be nice if they extended
the rebate for a few more months or maybe even upgrade their rebate to a 16GB card:-)

Ha, yeah that would be really amazing for Sony to upgrade the rebate to the 16GB. I am considering purchasing one as well. Any chance that Sony will pull through? I guess we shall see....

David C. Williams
September 22nd, 2008, 01:01 AM
Doesn't seem like we get any rebate at all here in Australia. Sony feign ignorance of the EX series completely on the phone, calls are never returned, emails never responded to.

Chad Hucal
September 23rd, 2008, 12:01 AM
Bought my camera in June, sent away for the extra card right away. September rolled around and still no card. After about 5 different run around phone numbers given to me my Sony reps over the phone, I finally got the person handling all the rebates. She had no record of my submission but took my info over the phone and mailed it out that day. I asked whether it went by regular mail or courier, she said regular mail. It arrived 4 days later in a brown bubble mailer with only my address, no postage markings, no return address, nothing other than my name and address. She had mentioned that when they first started mailing these out they had SONY stamped on the envelope, but some packages went missing, no surprise. After that they used plain envelopes.

Noah Yuan-Vogel
September 23rd, 2008, 09:25 PM
got mine last week. i think it took about 3-4 weeks since i sent in my rebate.

Laffan Nasser
January 29th, 2009, 11:04 PM
This is there new rebate , but no sxs card offered !!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/FrameWork/Rebates_Promos/033109_SONY_Offer_080529A.pdf

Brooks Graham
January 29th, 2009, 11:16 PM
The 8GB SxS rebate offer for the EX3 is valid until 3/31/09.

Check the B&H item page for the EX3 and there is a link labeled "Rebate Available" which lists both the 8GB card rebate and the uber-confusing referral program (a.k.a. send us the contact info for all your friends in case they buy a camera so we can spam them to death)

HTH

Laffan Nasser
January 30th, 2009, 01:59 AM
The 8GB SxS rebate offer for the EX3 is valid until 3/31/09.

Check the B&H item page for the EX3 and there is a link labeled "Rebate Available" which lists both the 8GB card rebate and the uber-confusing referral program (a.k.a. send us the contact info for all your friends in case they buy a camera so we can spam them to death)

HTH

Yes , my link rebate is for the Ex1 at B&H , I'm surprise that no 8GB sxs offers anymore for the Ex1 new buyers.