View Full Version : Anyone else's mic a lil loose on their GL2?

David Woodland
August 9th, 2003, 08:56 PM
Today I was looking at my GL and I realized the mic is like a lil loose. No where near falling off but I can move it a bit up and down. I don't think its messed up since i've never droped the camera or anything, just wondering if anyone else's GL is like this.

Steve Withers
August 9th, 2003, 09:19 PM
I have a crack that developed right near the support bar that comes down from the handel and attaches to the main body of the camera. And some of the plastic came lose on the handel (near the playback buttons) but I ducktaped that and it seems to be running fine.

Graham Bernard
August 9th, 2003, 11:35 PM
No - I haven't had these "problems". If I had, I would be straight down to my Canon Dealer in London, where I purchased this £1600 piece of kit. No question there!!! No problem . . . In the UK we have statutory rights for the first year anyway. This is a good thing. Shops make a big song and dance that they cover the first year . . guess what? - They have too!

Seriously, take them back. If you got them mail order, I don't know what you do. I try to get my "high-priced" goods from a place I can walk into - a shop. Apart from anything else I can strike up a relationship with a real person. This has several advantages. He/she wants to sell you other stuff - this they like doing, they have a job to maintain, but also discounts are often hard to refuse when you're standing in front of a "decision-maker"; they get a sale and this looks good for them. The other thing is that when things might go wrong - ie this thread's comments - I have "a" person to go and have a conversation with. Making it personal, making it real, does make for a better after sales relationship.

Grazie

Bill Hardy
August 10th, 2003, 07:31 PM
My mic wiggles also but I have always considered it as normal. The flex is right at the joint where if you look closely there is a rubber seal. This makes the mike better able to withstand an impact in case of a collision or fall.

David Woodland
August 10th, 2003, 09:20 PM
Yeah, that's how mine is. Cool, I guess it's okay.

Rob Easler
August 10th, 2003, 09:26 PM
The GL1 and the GL2 both have the flexible mic. It's not a defect, it's designed that way.

David Woodland
August 10th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Cool, thanks for the info.