View Full Version : Dew Warning

Chuck Eichmeyer
August 20th, 2003, 01:06 PM
I know this has nothing to do with DV but I'm looking for some help with this. A football coach called and asked if I could take a look at a Panasonic VHS-C video camera that they had used one season. The camera is about 4 years old. He told me the dew warning came on and he could never get the camera to work. He told me it has been sitting for at least two years in his office. I turned on the camera and the dew warning still flashes and in 15 seconds the camera turns off. The manual gives no instruction how to handle this except to let the camera dry out and turn back on. I believe the camera has been sitting long enough. I have removed the battery thinking that might help but that does not help. I have looked inside the camera where you put the tape and I can not see anything that would lead me to believe that something had been spilled inside. Is there something that has to be reset or some other procedure to follow to help with this problem. Thanks

Jeff Donald
August 20th, 2003, 01:13 PM
Most of these cameras have a CR lithium battery (about the size of a quarter). Try replacing the battery. The dew sensor could be defective as well.