View Full Version : Dvx100b Settings

Yousha Sarmadi
October 8th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Hi All,

I've been messing around with the settings on the dvx100b and just wanted to know if you guys know what the best ideal settings are for low-light indoor shots, low-light outdoor shots, medium-light indoor, and medium-light outdoor. All of this will be shot in 24p with no gain and auto whitebalance.

Noah Kadner
October 10th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Be a little more specific- when you say low light- do you mean no added movie lights? In that case in most settings you'll be hard-pressed to get a usable image with no gain. So let us know a bit more what you're really after.

Noah

Yousha Sarmadi
October 12th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Hey Noah. First off, I want to let you know I ordered your DVD through callbox regarding the dvx100b and Final Cut. Excellent.

As for more info, I'm going to be shooting in a room with low lighting for a "bedroom" scene. There will be very low fill lighting and and low key lighting. I don't mind using the gain as long as the images don't look TOO grainy. I know they will look somewhat grainy cause of the gain anyway.

Christopher Glavan
January 20th, 2009, 04:30 AM
My suggestion here would be to light the scene brightly and crush your blacks in post. Always easier to take brightness out in post than have crappy source footage.