View Full Version : Good Secondary Camera?

Steve Montoto
August 21st, 2003, 05:52 PM
Hello,

I have a Sony VX2000 that I am very happy with, and I am wanting to buy a secondary camera to use as Misc. Cam (tape transfer,Quick Home videos for wife to use and as a Secondary cam for weddings ect.)

Ive read posts about if I am going to be using a second cam, I need to make sure I get one that has similar color temp. to what my vx2000 is.

Any truth to that? If so what would you guys recommend with-out breaking the bank. Say $500-$750 or so.

Thanks,

Steve

Mike Rehmus
August 21st, 2003, 06:01 PM
There really isn't anything out there at that price point. Unless you can find a used VX-1000 or 900. I'd prefer the 900 if I could find one with low hours.

For more $ you might consider one of the smaller Sony cameras from the PC series. I use a PC110 to good effect as the alter camera in weddings and as the still camera when I want a few shots for the slipcover or stills where I might want to pan around a bit. Very good color that matches quite well with my PD150 and DSR-300. It does need a fair amount of light to do so, however.

Great camera for a boom or up on a monopod.

Steve Montoto
August 22nd, 2003, 06:44 AM
I was looking at a Sony TRV38, I have read alot of reviews about it and everyone seems to like it.

Have you had any experience or checked one of these out?

Thanks for your reply.

Steve