View Full Version : Posted a short demo reel..

Mike Moncrief
August 22nd, 2003, 08:06 AM
Hello,

I have posted a short demo reel I have made..Check it out at this link..

http://www.bisentertainment.com/RPmovies/digitalcanvas/DigitalCanvas.mpg

Would love to hear some feedback on it..

Mike m.

John Locke
August 22nd, 2003, 08:25 AM
Hey...that music sounds strangely familiar. ;)

Nice reel, Mike. I experienced one problem...when the "Human Heart" bit appears, the sound of the heartbeat was too rich for my speakers and made the sound crackle a bit. Other than that...nice work.

Marcus Farrar
August 28th, 2003, 08:14 AM
Wow!! That looks good.

What 3D animation software do you use? I am an old Lighwave guy but can't find many people who still use Lightwave.

K. Forman
August 28th, 2003, 08:25 AM
Mike- That was some very stunning imagry! I do have to agree with John about the audio glitching, cause mine did the same.

What's really funny, is that I was just looking at some of bis entertaiment's material last night. I got a reply form an actress that somehow lead me there. This definately streamed much nicer than the 008 clip.

Very fine demo. I would love to work with you sometime in the future :)

Mike Moncrief
August 29th, 2003, 04:13 PM
Hello,

Hey Marcus, Thanks for the feedback, and YES.. I do use Lightwave 3D.. have done so for quite a long time.. It is really great software.. There are many many people using Lightwave..

Mike

Mike Moncrief
August 29th, 2003, 04:16 PM
Hello,

hey Keith, Thank you for the feedback.. I am just about a 1 hour drive away from you.. Let me know if you need my help on any projects..

mike

K. Forman
August 29th, 2003, 04:36 PM
How are you with lighting? Check out my thread here-
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12910

Mike Moncrief
August 29th, 2003, 04:59 PM
Hey Keith,

Lighting is really not my specialty.. I have worked on a couple of productions.. But lighting does not rank up there in my knowledge base.. I am more of a post production guy.. Editing,Compositing, Blue Screen work, Animation.. etc.

Another resource you can check out and even post for more help is www.greenroomorlando.com
lots of Central Florida talent looks here daily..Look in the message boards..

Check it out.. Let me know if you need any help in Post etc..

K. Forman
August 29th, 2003, 05:07 PM
How are you at DVDs, Menus, and surround sound?

Mike Moncrief
August 29th, 2003, 05:55 PM
Hello,

funny you should ask, i just purchased a DVD burner, and am in the process of learning how to do a DVD..

Mike

K. Forman
August 29th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Lucky you. In fact, better you than me :)

Ivan Hedley Enger
August 30th, 2003, 01:27 PM
I experienced the same as John with the sound of the heart, but except for that you have done a rellay nice job.