View Full Version : Keep track of multiple setups

Amish Solanki
October 21st, 2008, 11:37 AM
So I just picked up a Glidecam 2000 Pro yesterday, and finally got it tweaked for my HV20 (which currently has a el-cheapo Raynox .72 wide angle adapter+after market battery).

I'm waiting for my Jag35Pro adapter to come (currently in shipment) so I can use my EF lens's (16-35, 50, 28, 45mm) with my HV20.

I've got one standard canon battery that came with the HV20. I also sometimes use my DM-50 mic as well.

What I'm trying to get at is with all these options, how do you keep track of the settings for the glidecam/stedicam? Each setup obviously has a different balance.

Just thinking of the top of my head, the best would be to do each setup at home, do a full test, then do markings on the top plate (maybe put #'s next to each marking) then write it down on a 'cheatsheet' with the amount of weight needed as well.

Or, do you guys just do it on the fly (no phun intended), and with enough practice you just get a good idea of what settings are needed?

With all the posts regarding the HV20 + glidecam2000 setup, I managed to get it balanced pretty darn good within 20 mins, so i'm pretty happy so far. Just waiting for some batteries to charge to give it a good test.

Afton Grant
October 23rd, 2008, 06:47 PM
On the fly is really your best option. Even with exactly the same equipment, the balance is so sensitive it will be slightly different every time. You'll find with experience you'll be able to assemble everything by eye so it's pretty darn close to balanced without even picking it up. Then, it's just a matter of fine tuning.