View Full Version : DVD Intro

Yunisbel Marrero
October 29th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Hey guys,

I was playing with After effect and Sony Vegas, I'm thinking of using this for my company name intro. This will be playing at the beginning of the DVD, "Intro Clip"

DVD Intro on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/2100686)

Let me know what do you think? Everything was done from still pictures.

Thanks

Nate Haustein
October 29th, 2008, 11:37 AM
The zoom into the screen was a little long for my liking, maybe cut it to 15 seconds total? Also, it kind of bugged me that the camera panned right and then left again when going to the screen. Maybe just make it one fluid sweep to the left?

Looks cool though, I like it.

Matthew Craggs
October 29th, 2008, 01:16 PM
I second the suggestion to cut down the length. I don't know if you're putting it on the DVD as a First Play, or tacking it on the beginning of the video, but the client will have to sit through it each time they play the DVD. It's a nice animation, but if I have to look at it each time I play the DVD it's going to get on my nerves. Like Nate, I would cut it down to about fifteen seconds.

Yunisbel Marrero
October 29th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I second the suggestion to cut down the length. I don't know if you're putting it on the DVD as a First Play, or tacking it on the beginning of the video, but the client will have to sit through it each time they play the DVD. It's a nice animation, but if I have to look at it each time I play the DVD it's going to get on my nerves. Like Nate, I would cut it down to about fifteen seconds.

it only play at the beginning of the DVD. Client don't have to see it all the time. unless they take the DVD out of the player. I will try with the 15 seconds less and see how it look.

thanks

Tripp Woelfel
October 29th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I'd agree with both the comments on length and the left and right pan. You're also using some pretty hot music. You could definitely go with a bolder move at the beginning of the pan. The music hits hard. My preference would be for the video to do the same, but that's more of a personal taste thing.

Ervin Farkas
October 29th, 2008, 09:59 PM
I would advise you against this intro. The last thing your client wants to watch is your commercial. Client paid for the video, client wants to watch video, it's that simple.

This is of course a personal preference. Advertisements at the beginning of movies make me sometimes so mad, I make a copy of the DVDs I buy (Hollywood movies) just to be able to start watching the movie the moment I pop the disk into the player.

If you still decide to go for it, at least make it very short (2-3 seconds) and take that warning out - again, your client paid for the product, and should be able to do what he/she wishes. Let's be honest, are you going to sue them if they project a wedding DVD say in a church or other public place, for a large circle of family and friends?

The video itself is well done though.