View Full Version : Need Suggestion for DVD Software Program

J. Stephen McDonald
November 11th, 2008, 11:41 AM
I need just a simple DVD recording program that does BD, AVCHD and SD. The most important things are being able to set different bit-rates for SD and to use HD video as a source and have it letterboxed in 16:9 on an SD DVD. I don't need any advanced video editing features, as I already have what I need. Nero 9 looks good for its price range, but its complexity is more than I need for my purposes. Price is important only as it relates to what I'd get. Free would be asking too much, but I wouldn't turn one down, if it worked for me.

Jeff Harper
November 11th, 2008, 12:03 PM
I don't know what editing program you use, but you might buy a Sony Movie Studio product (starting at $59) then you would have a decent DVD authoring program for less then the cost of Nero. As an extra bonus you would have a decent video editing program as well.

Or, for a bit more than $59 you could move up to Movie Studio Platinum and then you'd really be doing allright!

By the way, you had said you wanted a DVD recording program. I assume you meant a DVD authoring program.