View Full Version : Man vs Wild

Colin Zhang
November 17th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Anyone else watch that show on Discovery? Production-wise, it looks quite interesting.

Jeff Whitley
November 17th, 2008, 09:13 AM
It's OK but I'd much rather watch Suvivorman, Man vs Wild is a rip off of Suvivorman anyway. Not to take away from the show, its pretty good but Les was the first and I believe the best.

Matt Buys
November 18th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I love the show. But what I really want to see is man vs broken down city. Take some joker without anything and drop him into the worst slums on the planet and see what happens. I mean, bears and snakes and the climate can make things difficult but there's nothing like your fellow man to keep you on your toes. I'd start out with the poorest neighborhood in Mogadishu or what have you. Probably some interesting places right here in America too.

Kevin McRoberts
December 15th, 2008, 10:40 PM
That show is hilarious!

First, he's either a liar or a sadist, since he's either staging each location for the sake of his camera crew OR forcing his camera crew to deal with the same hardships as he does PLUS the weight of their gear.

Second, he demonstrates "survival" by tossing himself carelessly up, down, and through rock faces, river rapids, ice crevasses, trees, swamps, and every other possible thing any sane person would do best to stay the hell away from. Then he travels great distances while doing his best to avoid approaching any place from which a person could concievably signal aerial search parties.

And last, every show, no matter the location, no matter the climate, he always finds some excuse to bare his ass to the world, do pushups, and eat something completely horrendous.

I think to really amp up the ratings, he needs to add in a bareknuckle brawl with whatever the local large game animal happens to be.

Gareth Watkins
December 16th, 2008, 01:52 AM
First, he's either a liar or a sadist, since he's either staging each location for the sake of his camera crew OR forcing his camera crew to deal with the same hardships as he does PLUS the weight of their gear.

Hi there
This is television!! when was anything on television or in film real... ok some indepth doc's etc are close. But when you have a film crew in tow, you'll never get things for real. If you look on Youtube there are a few 'making of'.... clips, where you see each location not only has him and the 2 man TV crew.. but a producer,tech and stunt crew etc. He might perform his own stunts but its all worked out before hand, and the cameraman harnessed and winched into place at times.
Also there are a lot of examples where they have cheated.. but its GOOD entertainemnt so what the heck!!
cheers
Gareth

Jeff Whitley
December 16th, 2008, 07:43 AM
The vary nature by which he gets his show done and how its accomplished invalidates the whole ordeal and cheapens the whole idea.

I watched one or two shows, it sucked SOOOOOOO bad I quit watching. Again, Suvivorman is much better and the real deal.

I can't take this guy seriously, pretending to be doing survival, when its just for entertainment the experience is lost.

Robert Morane
December 16th, 2008, 10:13 AM
SurvivorMan is the real deal!

Shaun Roemich
December 16th, 2008, 10:56 AM
SurvivorMan is the real deal!

I met Les Stroud a couple of years ago and MAN, what a genuinely nice individual. Needless to say, I'm a bigger SurvivorMan fan (besides, Les is Canadian!)

Jeff Whitley
December 16th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Speaking of Les, Trying to get an interview with him now! Hopefully everything will fall into place. Have submitted our questions should be a fun deal.

Shaun Roemich
December 17th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Hey Jeff! Good luck with that. He's a really down to earth and chatty guy, at least he was when I met him on tour with the Northern Pikes.