View Full Version : Remote on/off switch for Panasonic

David C Wright
November 26th, 2008, 02:56 PM
I use various prime lenses on my HDX900 and this means I don't have the ability to use a remote on/off & zoom control that I usually mount on the tripod handle. Does any one know if it is possible to create a remote on/off (record) switch and plug it into the camera body where the zoom would normally connect. Thanks

David
www.lunaseafilms.com

Steve Rosen
December 15th, 2008, 01:53 PM
I have wanted this for my HPX500 too, haven't found an answer... I even tried to find one of those old-fashioned do-it-your-self tinkerers with a solder gun to make me one - with no luck - I sure do miss those guys...

David C Wright
December 15th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I am waiting on some information from Abelcine, but they think they can make one for me. Will let you know.

Steve Rosen
December 18th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I would be very cool, since it is Ables, if they could incorporate the on-off switch in the walnut Aaton hand grip... I have an Aaton that I hardly get to use any more, it would be nice to be able to at least use the grip...I haven't had any luck with this, I hope you do...

Steve Rosen
December 23rd, 2008, 11:20 AM
David: I have tried to contact several people who maintain cameras at TV stations, without luck, for someone who could fabricate an electronic switch (which would need to plug in to the lenses receptical on the camera) -

I am thinking instead of designing a mechanical "plunger" that would mount on the mini-rods, activated by a lever above the grip, and would nudge the camera's front on-off switch.. Sort of 19th Century Rube Goldberg, but it would work...

David C Wright
December 24th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Abel's are making a cable for me. Will let you know how it works out.

David