View Full Version : HPX-170 focusing

Mark Donnell
November 29th, 2008, 09:18 AM
I haven't received my HPX-170 yet, but from what I have read it would seem that the best focus should be obtained using the straight line high frequency peak summation device. Any comments from users ?

Dan Brockett
November 29th, 2008, 11:03 AM
I haven't received my HPX-170 yet, but from what I have read it would seem that the best focus should be obtained using the straight line high frequency peak summation device. Any comments from users ?

I use the magnified window, the histogram and the focus bar, why would you not use all three together? They work beautifully.

Dan

Mark Donnell
November 29th, 2008, 10:22 PM
The reason I was looking for one particular aid is that I mostly shoot action events (sports, etc) and while recording, there isn't time to look at multiple focus aids. I was hoping that the single line peaks method would speed up and increase the precision of my live focusing.

Dan Brockett
November 30th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Guess you would have to try it to know for sure. I could see using just the line for fast moving subjects, it works well. I just like having the choice of using 1, 2 or all 3 of them, it's great.

Dan