View Full Version : for Samuel Raj and other GS100K users

Alex Zabrovsky
September 1st, 2003, 10:11 AM
I just palced an order for GS100K (black) from Allan and now would be shopping for a bigger battery then the one comes with the camera. I will need the the VBD210 (rated 2000+ mAh) on-camera one.
I was told Samuel (and probaly some other fellows here) have purchased such for just 55 US$ by mail order from Honk Kong. Is that correct ? If yes, would someone be able to point me to this dealer to contact him in regard of that ?

Also, are these batteries available in US ?
If yes, where and what for ?

Regards, Alex

Samuel Raj
September 1st, 2003, 12:11 PM
Alex,

I bought two cga-du21(same as VBD210,2040 mah) from this miraclezone. He sent me with in 4 days. total is $110, including shipping and handling.

Its original panasonic battery made in japan. Since its ebay, I cannot guarantee anyone, its on their own risk. I think this guy is reliable.

Yes , he sent from HongKong.
This battery is available in US from www.bhphotovideo.com, its cost is $99+ and shipping and handling.

The link for that ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3044599166&category=15056

hope this helps...

Sam.

Alex Zabrovsky
September 1st, 2003, 01:15 PM
Thanks Samuel, I noted the link.
Is this battery indeed capable for up to 6h of running on GS100K with opened LCD ?
Sounds doubtful....

Alex

Bogdan Vaglarov
September 1st, 2003, 06:34 PM
Alex,
As you know the manifacturer tricks and marketing always do over the top.

If you read the small letters, 6hr is at 20 degrees celsius and consumption of 2 W (i.e. GS50 used with viewfinder) continious recording.
GS100 use 5.2 W with LCD monitor, also you will rather zoom, focus, AWB, start, stop, etc., etc. while shooting.

Make your calculations! Or see my posts in the other tread for Accessories where I did small test.

P.S. It's better to start a tread with more proper name like: Which battery is good for my GS100, or Where to find battery...
Or just use the search function of the forum.

Allan Rejoso
September 1st, 2003, 09:31 PM
VDB210 ratings for the GS100K according to Pany Japan:

Continuous recording without using LCD: 3 hours 15 minutes
Continuous recording using LCD: 2 hours 45 minutes
Intermittent recording without using LCD: 1 hour 40 minutes
Intermittent recording using LCD: 1 hour 25 minutes

Note: above ratings are under normal temperature conditions.

Samuel Raj
September 1st, 2003, 09:46 PM
Alex,

Bogdan and Allan clearly indicated the exact performance of the battery!

Thanks Alan and Bogdan.

Hope this info works out for you.

Bogdan Vaglarov
September 1st, 2003, 10:22 PM
Just to add that my test was playback 1hr and recording 1hr - continious with 1 or 2 rewinds.

I also use Normal for LCD setting (not bright) and do not activate AI (which is a bit too much for my liking). This must save a little bit of power.

Despite the 6 hour lable, I think Pana is relatively conservetive (safe) in the numbers pointed out from Allan.
I guess normal use is closer to 2 hours for a fresh fully charged battery with my settings for the LCD. Of coarse it depends a lot on the shooting manner.

Alex Zabrovsky
September 1st, 2003, 11:12 PM
Thanks a lot guys.

The notes have been taken.

Alex