View Full Version : Calibrate Monitor

Mike Lundquist
December 17th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I've been trying to resolve the issue of monitor calibration for some time with little success and wanted to pose this question. I use Vegas 6 and wondered if it is possible to color calibrate for both Sony Vegas and Photoshop CS2? Is it possible to configure my Acer flat screen and Optiquest CRT computer monitors along with my Panasonic consumer TV and Epson Photo R300 to work together?

It seems that, as I get Vegas to look proper, Photoshop doesn't look right.

Thanks for your input!

Graham Bernard
December 17th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Eh? I think you have the wrong forum?

Grazie

Mike Lundquist
December 17th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I had tried a different forum but was not receiving a response and you all were very helpful in a previous issue. Is there a forum you recommend that would be more appropriate?

Thanks

Josh Bass
December 17th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Conventional wisdom has it that computer monitors weren't meant for accurate video color reproduction. They operate in a different "color space" (I'm someone on here with more technical knowledge can explain what that means in more concrete detail, 'cause I can't) than what video uses. You need a monitor meant for such a purpose, either a CRT or LCD monitor. If you want a video monitor meant for accurate color work, you'll need to check what specs in a given monitor make for accurate color reproduction (for CRT monitors it was a certain kind of phosphor, either SEMPTE-C or P-22, I don't know much about LCDs), and then find what models have those.

I, for instance, have a Sony PVM 14m2u, which came recommended, probably from this forum. It's a 13" CRT monitor. They're way out of production by now, but you can find them on ebay for around $400 and up.