View Full Version : just updated to Prospect from Aspect but...

Gildo Houtekamer
January 14th, 2009, 02:11 PM
...Cineform color balance 32-bit and color corrector 32 bit freeze Pro2 ['sorry a serious error...'] I have to switch to the task manager to end the program.
Pro CS3 just collapses...

With Aspect i didn't have this problem.

I recaptured footage with HD link and tested with a few clips, but this didn't work either.

Working with a core 2 duo, 2 gigs of Ram, 2x250 Gig Raid0 and a dedicated C drive id 250 Gigs
Using a Matrox Parhelia APVe
XP sp2

Any ideas?

Edit: Reinstalling aspect got me correcting again without crashing, but that's not a solution though...

Edit2: On my P4 with a Nvidia card and XP xp3 32 bit Cineform correctors work fine...

Gildo Houtekamer
January 14th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Updating bios and drivers from my Matrox Parhelia didn't help.
Went back to Aspect HD, so no 10 bit color correcting for the moment...

Going to wait for Prospect to support Pro CS4 and guess i am going to build a totally new system by then.

Tomorrow i will be trying Prospect again on another system with a Radeon card.

David Newman
January 14th, 2009, 05:48 PM
It works fine here. From your edits it seems it is only failing on one of your PCs. You need to send that info to support as this is not a general bug.

Graham Hickling
January 15th, 2009, 12:54 AM
The exact same problem with those 32-bit filters arose for me when I switched from Aspect to Prospect.

Haven't had time to troubleshoot it yet. Please post back here if you find a solution - thanks.

Gildo Houtekamer
January 15th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Prospect worked fine at the other pc.
Matrox issue :-(

@ Graham:
Since I tried all the possibilities with updating Matrox drivers [Premiere wouldn't start anymore] and a bios update, which didn't help either, I returned to the old drivers from Matrox.
Got my system working again.

Graham Hickling
January 15th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Thanks for that - I have an Nvidia card, but I'll investigate driver options for it.

Gildo Houtekamer
January 15th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Only other difference between the pc's -except for the graphic cards- is that I am on windows xp sp2 and not 3.
Perhaps that can be an issue?