View Full Version : help changing multiple clip aspect ratios at the same time

Glen Maw
January 23rd, 2009, 03:22 AM
I have been given a series of tiff files (6000 or so) which I need to change from 1.0926 PAL DV to 1.4568 PAL DV Widescreen. When I highlight multiple clips together I can't change their properties. There has to be an easier way than changing 6000 individual clips!!!

Glen

Ian Stark
January 23rd, 2009, 03:53 AM
Glen, if all the stills are on the timeline, make your changes to one of them, copy that clip to the clipboard, then select all the other clips you want to change, right click and choose Paste Event Attributes.

Not sure if you can do that with clips in the project media pool though. I'll check . . .

Ian Stark
January 23rd, 2009, 03:56 AM
No, looks like that only works on the timeline.

Assuming the tiffs are a sequence, another way would be to render the stills into a single video clip and make your changes then.

Hope that's of use.

Ian Stark
January 23rd, 2009, 03:59 AM
While we're on the subject, I would love to see a Paste SELECTED Event Attributes function in Vegas, that allows you to choose which attributes you want to paste. DVDA has it.

Glen Maw
January 23rd, 2009, 04:22 AM
thanks Ian,
I seem to have stumbled upon a solution: I dragged a clip onto the timeline, opened up its clip properties, changed the aspect ratio to widescreen, then in stream properties where it says 'still 1' I hit save. Now all the files are coming in at the altered ratio!

Ian Stark
January 23rd, 2009, 04:30 AM
Nice one, Glen. I think I've only used an image sequence once so I would never have guess that!