View Full Version : Assignable Buttons

Craig Terott
January 29th, 2009, 09:37 PM
[rant] So we have these 4 buttons we can custom assign. Sounds perfect until you read the limited list of what can be assigned. But why? Why is this list so limited? Why wouldn't Sony just put a crap-ton of stuff in that list? Why limit it to so very few things?

Out of the 3 most important things I'd like to assign - none of them are assignable.

Steady-Shot On/Off
Wide-Angle Conv On/Off
Wind On/Off

Does anyone know if there is any way to make these assignable?

Thanks-

Ted OMalley
January 29th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Craig,

Great choices for assignable features. It's too bad you're not on the development team!

Brooks Graham
January 29th, 2009, 11:55 PM
I think Sony listened to EX1 owners' input (complaints) as one of your three choices, SteadyShot, has a dedicated button on the EX3. Perhaps a follow-on firmware update will include them all as choices for Assign buttons.

We can hope.

Gints Klimanis
February 2nd, 2009, 01:02 PM
Agreed. We're asking for more and more.

I'd like to see the function name blip on the LCD everytime you push an Assignable button, or better yet, show all four button functions when one is pushed.

Andy Wilkinson
February 2nd, 2009, 02:10 PM
On my EX3 I've assigned "last clip delete" to one button (4) and find this gets used more often than I'd like - maybe one day when I'm a good cameraman I'll ALWAYS get it right first time :-)

Alister Chapman
February 2nd, 2009, 02:13 PM
I have last clip delete assigned to 4 as well. I've been a cameraman for over 20 years, yet it still gets lots of use. Mainly deleting company directors that just cannot deliver the simplest of lines.

Andy Wilkinson
February 2nd, 2009, 02:15 PM
Alister, I feel better already! Thought it was just me!