View Full Version : fisheye?

Ryan McCrary
September 11th, 2003, 01:37 PM
i want a fisheye.. not too much distortion.. i like the wideangleness and want to get a skateboard video look for some climbing videos.. will those $160 lenses on ebay do? i dont wanna put crap glass in front of my nice lense, but can't afford $600 either.. anybody?

-r

Ryan Krga
September 11th, 2003, 04:18 PM
The Kenko .42x is a pretty nice lens for it's price. I have a Century .3x and I'm in love with it. If you are looking for a wide angle I have a Canon .6x that I'm willing to let go for about $130.

Ryan McCrary
September 11th, 2003, 06:00 PM
how much was the century 3x? is it the $600 dollar deal..

-ryan

Yow Siang
October 8th, 2003, 01:55 AM
Vitacom .5 is fantastic only cost $120 singapore dolars. that is less than US$60.

ys

Tom Hardwick
October 8th, 2003, 03:45 AM
You contradict yourself Ryan - you say you want a fisheye with 'not too much distortion'. The whole point of a fisheye is that it has vast amounts of barrel distortion, and true (180 degree) fisheyes put a circular image on screen.

For scateboard work a 0.45x (or thereabouts) will be pretty good. I use a 0.3x when I really must go super wide, but the distortions are pretty severe.

tom.

Josh Robinson
October 13th, 2003, 07:26 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the Century .55x reversible adaptor? It seems like a very good and versatile lens. I'm looking at buying one right now - although I haven't heard much about it's optical quality.

That's a semi-fisheye, maybe that could be more up you alley.

Ken Tanaka
October 13th, 2003, 10:53 AM
A Search (http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=176662&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending) reveals several posts & threads that mention it.