View Full Version : HDLink.exe has stopped working

Mario Jesmanowicz
March 8th, 2009, 01:02 AM
I just rebuilt my PC bacuse motherboard went bad (Windows Vista Ult 32bit)
I installed Prospect HD 3.4.9 I have CoreAVC Pro and ffdshow. When I try to convert (no capture just basic files .mts from my HG20 Camera) .mts file it gets an error as above in the title. I tried uninstalling CoreAVC and Halli and then Log gives me two errors about no Media splitter, if I uninstall just CoreAVC I still get the above error. I did not even have originally ffdshow (installed it only cause I thought it might fix it)

When I put it in the the mts file in the graphedit I see ffdshow and AC3filter and I have AV3filter also installed, so what is going on?

I had this working before, the only difference was older PC with more stuff (can't even imagine all the things it had) this one is clean and I guess before I had the earlier version of Prospect, from like 2 months ago

Anyone know how to fix this?

BTW when I run the conversion for a second or two I get icons in the tray for Haali and CoreAVC

David Newman
March 8th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Disable ffdshow as it is taking precidence over CoreAVC. This will all be addressed in v4.0 which we hope to make available in the next few weeks.

Mario Jesmanowicz
March 8th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Sorry but like I said. I did not have FFdshow at first and it wasn't working then. I uninstalled it and it still gives me the same error

Graphedit shows CoreAVC and AC$Filter but I still ge the same error

Tom Santopolo
March 8th, 2009, 12:26 PM
I have the same problem - I installed CoreAVC pro and my HDLink was hanging at the converting stage (tech support is working on it). I tried installing Media Splitter(was a newer update version than the one that installs with CoreAVC) and HDLink did nothing but crash. Then I uninstalled Media Splitter, reinstalled CoreAVC pro, but HDLink still crashes. I haven't been able to use my HD Prospect since I purchased it -so I can't wait till version 4 is out! On a good note Blackmagic has released CS4 driver updates that work(I have the intensity). They found a workaround so they didn't have to wait for an Adobe update. It's hard to believe that Adobe has made things this difficult. I even called them to see if they could help - to no avail.