View Full Version : loving our EX cameras - latest pics

Wes Thomas Greene
March 16th, 2009, 04:25 AM
Title says it all.

The pics are great, the workflow easy - these cameras are chep for what you can get out of them.

Here's our latest piece - enjoy! (turn your volume up)

Quiksilver Pro 2009 (http://www.naluproductions.com/quikpro/)

Steve Elgar
March 16th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Nice pictures Wes.

I had the opportunity to use a new PDW 700 a few weeks ago, very nice camera, just wish I could afford to buy one.

Buba Kastorski
March 16th, 2009, 08:59 AM
I had the opportunity to use a new PDW 700 a few weeks ago, very nice camera

do you have any raw fottage you can share, would love to take a look,
thanks.

Paul Cronin
March 16th, 2009, 11:22 AM
I have shot my EX1 for a year. Tomorrow I go to a seminar on the XDcam series to check out the 700 in Boston at Rule camera.

Steve do you shoot with the EX3 now? What did you like so much about the 700?

John De Rienzo
March 16th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Some beautiful imagery. Can't wait to get to grips with mine!

Cheers.

William Griffin
March 16th, 2009, 12:03 PM
I looked at your video and was very impressed with it..which lets me to ask...what model of camera did you use? EX1 or EX3 and what were your settings?

thanks

Tony LeHoven
March 17th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Very nice piece, Wes. Nice flow. Really creative shooting. What method did you use to get the beautiful small depth of field?

Thanks,
Tony

Brian Barkley
March 18th, 2009, 08:15 AM
This demo reel is truly fantastic . . . if you shot and own all of this footage, I strongly suggest you put it on some stock footage websites and start getting paid royalties for it. You could do well with this footage.

I buy lots of stock footage and will list some of the stock footage libraries if you are interested.

Paul Cronin
March 18th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Well done Wes I enjoyed your creative shooting style.

Wes Thomas Greene
March 20th, 2009, 07:24 PM
thanks for the feedback everyone.
I should mention that the piece was predominantly shot by our shooter Rob Norman and post was handled by our guru editor Marty James.

Info.
Shot on EX3 but would have been the same with an EX1 - their basically the same camera.
USed the True colour profiles found in this forum.
Plenty of love given in Apple's Colour to bring out the best in the footage.

To get the shallow depth of field isn't difficult by ensuring you have plenty of ND available and using the long end of the lens. The built in NDs aren't enough in full sun light, so we have a matte box with drop-ins or for this shoot just a screw on ND4.

Haven't used the 700 yet, but look forward to it.