View Full Version : 16X10 psedo kiosk (full screen video with buttons)

David Ertley
March 20th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I am an Art Institute student in the digital filmmaking program and I am presenting my portfolio in what the Art Institute refers to as sort of a reverse job fair. That means I set up a table and the employers walk around to the students. I have a table to decorate and I want to bring my computers to show my videos. Instead of just burning a DVD and making people wait, I want to take advantage of the 16X10 size of my Apple monitors by creating a video in that aspect ratio. By placing the 16X9 footage at the top and having the letterbox bars both be at the bottom , I could place buttons so people can click and immediately jump to another video or restart the current one. It's easy to do in DVDSP, I could make buttons over the video or I can make each video actually be a menu instead. However, if I did this in DVDSP it would have to be 16X9 right? I don't want to crop the image, again, I have enough extra space. I don't know how to use Flash. I have been able to create the custom 16X10 video that fits the screen perfectly, but I don't know how to make the buttons work, is this possible in the quicktime player maybe?