View Full Version : My new preset

Luis de la Cerda
March 27th, 2009, 04:44 PM
I spent a fair amount of fiddling around in the picture style editor yesterday and I came up with this... Hope you guys like it.

Daniel Ridicki
March 29th, 2009, 02:11 AM
This should have been posted in XDCAM section. I will test it and keep you posted. Thanks for input.

Bill Binder
March 30th, 2009, 10:25 AM
You've told us nothing about the preset?

Daniel Ridicki
March 30th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Really ugly weather here, had to postpone testing. Will test soonest and report.

Luis de la Cerda
March 30th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Well, it lifts the mid tones a bit, adds saturation without oversaturating the reds, preserves highlights without clear clipping but a more pleasant roll off and avoids muddy shadows in general. I could talk and talk about it but you should just download and try it. You might like it. If you don't, just trash it ;)

Daniel Ridicki
April 4th, 2009, 08:13 AM
OK, I particularly like number 2 (HiSat) and 4 (Cine). 3 (HiSat with black) is a bit flat, and 5 (TV Curve) is way too much saturated for my taste.

So, I will actually keep HiSat and Cine as my presets, which is fine. Thanks for your input.

(But I still think you should post this to EX section.)

Dylan Couper
April 4th, 2009, 09:07 AM
I spent a fair amount of fiddling around in the picture style editor yesterday and I came up with this... Hope you guys like it.

Is this a preset for the Canon 5D2 or the XDCAM?

Luis de la Cerda
April 4th, 2009, 11:54 AM
This is a 5d2 picture style preset. I have no idea what's going on.

Daniel Ridicki
April 4th, 2009, 02:33 PM
For some reason I have got my Mac downloads mixed up. I thought to have downloaded Luis's presets, but what I have really got was XDCAM picture presets I downloaded a few days earlier. Since I did not spot the confusion, I gathered they were XDCAM picture profiles posted on 5D2 section by mistake.
I actually tried now to download presets Luis posted here, but I am getting 'corrupted file' message. What a colossal blunder on my part! I apologize for the mess.

Alex Chong
April 4th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Hi, Is there anyway to increase the user preset from 3 to as many as I want?