View Full Version : Anyone used the JVC SR-VS30E SVHS/DV combo deck?

Aaron Koolen
September 25th, 2003, 07:44 PM
Hi guys. Can't find anything on this site or elsewhere with a good review of it. I have read on other threads about some people not being happy with other JVC decks, but if anyone has used this one could you shed some opinions on it. I'm shooting more and more and don't want to use my cam for capture much longer and I don't want to use a consumer cam as a deck.

Cheers
Aaron

Jesse Dorje Irwin
September 26th, 2003, 12:18 AM
I've had mine for a while and have had exactly zero problems with it; it works like a charm.

Aaron Koolen
September 26th, 2003, 01:15 AM
Thanks Jesse. How long have you had it now?

Cheers
Aaron

Jesse Dorje Irwin
September 26th, 2003, 02:57 PM
Good question.

Six months? I think?

Somewhere around there, it's all a blur. :)

Good quality playback (it will play even the most recalcitrant VHS tapes) and good A/D - D/A.

Aaron Koolen
September 28th, 2003, 07:19 PM
Thanks Jesse. A couple more things I just wondered about.

- Will it take NTSC VHS tapes and spew them out firewire? I have a couple of tapes in that format and would like to be able to capture them to my NLE and convert to PAL tapes.
(I just noticed that you're from the US so you probably have the NTSC model anyway if they are different)

- How responsive is the deck when using it through an NLE? When i fast foward, scrub etc is it fast in getting up to speed? I just asked because I've only ever captured through a camera and my XM2 is pretty slow in getting it's shit together when you fast ward and rewind. Not sure of these decks are faster or not.

Cheers
Aaron