View Full Version : Broadway Photo

Joel Corral
November 30th, 2003, 01:29 AM
i cant believe that, Broadway photo was advertising the gl2 for $1809.00usd. so i called best buy to see if they would match the price and they wouldnt even come close!!! how did you get thelowest price plus 10%?

Imran Zaidi
November 30th, 2003, 02:36 AM
Do a search here and on www.resellerratings.com. According to feedback, Broadway photo are scam artists.

Graham Bernard
November 30th, 2003, 02:48 AM
. . following up on Imran's comment . .go with a Real Shop . . somewhere where you can create a face-to-face relationship. Make sure it is an Official Canon Agent. You are buying a complex piece of electro-mechanical machinery. For example, most offices set-up a photocopying repair agreement . . . treat your new purchase in the same way. Things can go wrong . . . you want a place where warranties and return to base options are very clearly defined - when you want to get your Canon to the repair shop, therefore make sure you already have set-up the relationship that you can depend on - first hand experience here!

Regards - Grazie

Jason Casey
December 1st, 2003, 10:05 AM
I agree, when you look at prices you can pretty much throw out the lowest 5 becasue they are usually selling grey market products, warranties for diffrent countries, or they aren't an authorised canon dealer (you won't get your rebate if they aren't)
Once you throw out the top 5 or so then start to check the reseller ratings, check the Better Buisness Bureau, call canon and talk to them about that dealer to make sure they are one. Then finally call them ant talk to them, make sure they aren't pushy and try to sell you a ton of accessories you don't need. Ask them questions so you know that they know their products and know what they are talking about.

And finally ask questions in these forums, I can pretty much bet that anywhere you want to but a camera from someone has already either bought one there, or decided not to buy one there and they can give you reasons to buy or not to buy from that store.

Chris Hurd
December 1st, 2003, 10:48 AM
This subject has been covered many, many times here. If the price is too good to be true, then it's a scam. It's that simple.

We strongly urge all our readers to do business only with our DV Info Net Sponsors (http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors/index.php), who are authorized dealers and quite simply the best, most reputable and honest sellers you'll find anywhere. Hope this helps,