View Full Version : First Commercial Shot w/ DVX, can you hear the audio glitch?

Glen Elliott
December 5th, 2003, 09:22 AM
I posted another thread on this forum about recent audio problems I've been having with my DVX/ME66. Attached is a link to the draft commercial I was doing while I encountered the audio anormalities. Grated it's not the best example beings it might be hard to hear over the music but it's there non the less.

During the first paragraphy the Jewelers says, "Williamstown Diamonds and Fine Jewelry strives to exceed the needs of our customers in a local friendly environment" Right when he says friendly I get a little digital chrip or blip from the left channel. Hopefully it made it through the MPG compression. Can anyone hear it?

http://people.pwf.cam.ac.uk/kc281/Commerical_linda.mpg

Ken Tanaka
December 5th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Nice work, Glen! Nice rack focus between the flower and ring. Good use of camera movement to maintain interest. (I recently saw some pieces done for a resort chain that were very similar in style...and they probably cost a fortune to produce.)

No, try as I might, I could not hear the chirp.

Barry Goyette
December 5th, 2003, 01:22 PM
I couldn't hear it either...maybe there's just a bird loose in your studio. Nice job, otherwise.

Barry

Jeff Donald
December 5th, 2003, 01:28 PM
Couldn't hear it, usually compression will kill those type of audio glitches. Good work.

Mikel Low
December 7th, 2003, 12:30 AM
Nice work Glen. No audio issues detected.

Peter Jefferson
December 7th, 2003, 09:17 AM
if ur that concerned about the audio, run the file thru Soundforge, and check out the waveform