View Full Version : DVD Studio Pro VCD

Marcus Farrar
December 5th, 2003, 11:15 AM
Has anyone made a VCD with DVD studio pro. If so how did you convert your MPEG 1 files. I got Toast and not I can't get the Mpeg files to come in Studio pro. This is so easy on a PC. On my Mac I have both Avid and FCP. There is no way to make MPEG files. So I get Toast at the advice of this board and I still can not get my MPEG files into DVD Studio Pro. I want to make a demo VCD that I can just hand out. I want to be able to make it nice like you can do in studio pro with the cool buttons and menus.

Help!!!

Rob Lohman
December 10th, 2003, 10:57 AM
I'm not sure that DVD Studio Pro can do VCD. Keep in mind that
a lot of DVD menu stuff cannot be done with a VCD. Yes, you can
have a menu in a newer VCD standard, but I haven't seen that
many tools that support it yet (on the PC that is).

If you just want a VCD that plays when inserted I just encode
to VCD compliant MPEG1 on my PC and then burn it with a burning
program. No need for authoring.

I'm hoping someone else will respond to your question for a more
Mac oriented answer.

Marcus Farrar
December 10th, 2003, 09:10 PM
I have made plenty of VCD's with DVDit on my PC. I have switched to Mac and I am trying to make a VCD with titles and can not. You can do it on a PC with the cheep program DVDit. My question is still has anyone ever done a VCD with menus on a Mac?

Sharon Fraats
December 10th, 2003, 09:59 PM
From FCP make a file a movie that is and save it.
Open Toast and drag your movie into Toast it will convert the movie for you. Toast handles movie files better.

Marcus Farrar
December 10th, 2003, 10:02 PM
I know how to make a VCD with Toast and it is a very easy program to learn. What I want to do is make a VCD with a menu simular to what you would see on a DVD or what you can do with DVDit. So my question is has anyone made a VCD on a Mac with menus? Or has anyone made a VCD with DVDit.

thanks