View Full Version : Check this test: DVStorm2 vs. Matrox RX100

Lars Siden
December 31st, 2003, 11:39 AM
Hi,

Found the following test:

http://www.bestpricecomputers.ltd.uk/pro/9220/DVStorm_vs_RTX100.pdf

(beware of long URL)

If you choose to belive the test, all cards are JUNK compared to the Storm2.... opinions?

// Lazze

Edward Troxel
December 31st, 2003, 11:55 AM
Looks like something straight from the Canopus ad department. When things are this one sided, you really have to question the validity - and I don't use either one!

Ed Smith
December 31st, 2003, 12:24 PM
I would severely question its validity. I believe that I saw something like this 6 months a go and was dismissed as un-true.

For a start this is about the RTX 100 and not the xtreme - the latest version available from Matrox with Premiere Pro.

The test system is not the recommended for RTX 100 (xtreme). According to Matrox website this is the minimum: Pentium 4 at 2.2 GHz 512MB ddr RAM http://www.matrox.com/video/support/rtx100xtremepro/rec/sys_rec.cfm.

It is supplied with many of the same effects as the Canopus.

I don't own one myself in fact I own a Pinnacle DV 500+. The Canopus is also a good product and should be looked at seriously. But that report is complete JUNK!!!

After all Computer video magazine rated the RTX 100 xtreme the best video editing card - Read the January edition.

All the best,

Ed

Lars Siden
December 31st, 2003, 01:28 PM
Hi,

I can only agree.... it was just too "one sided". I checked Computer video magazine (there website anyway). They don't really pick the "best" card. In november 2002, the Matrox card was best, but that was before Storm2. After that they say "with a hair the RX100 is still a top card"... so I guess the Storm2 and the Xtreme card are really even now...

hmm, I got an offer to buy a Storm2 for 999 Euros(brand new from Germany)... that is about 400 euros cheaper than they are in Sweden... Have to decide if I should say yes...

// Lazze

Ed Smith
December 31st, 2003, 01:31 PM
Lars, if you can try and get a demo with both of them. Then you can make up your own mind.

Cheers,

ed