View Full Version : Heath's Final Cut Pro edit workflow

Heath McKnight
January 6th, 2004, 12:38 PM
I tried this with Diva, but it crashed when I was saving as Pixlet movies...I can't get MM2C, either, since I can't find a downloadable version. Keep in mind, a 14 second clip is over 500 mb in size!

Here is my workflow:

This is from all over the net (like DVinfo.net/conf):

I went to the Apple Developer site and downloaded FireWire SDK18 and found DVHSCap. I installed it and hooked my camera up directly to my computer (DVHSCap can't recognize it going through my FireWire drives) and captured the video into a folder I called "Raw." It is a .m2t file.

I then used mpgtxwrap 1.0 (found by putting it in google.com) to demux the files, which split the video, now a .m2v file, and the audio, which is a .mp3 file (you can change it to .aiff in iTunes, etc.). I saved this into a seperate folder called "Demux."

Finally, I used mpeg2decX v. 0.19, a QuickTime Conversion, to change it to a Pixlet QuickTime file. A 14 second clip is over 500 mb! You can also save it as a compressed QT file, too. I saved this into a third folder called "Edit Files."

I then import the video into Final Cut Pro 4 and edit. My project doesn't require audio, so I didn't change the audio from .mp3 to .aiff.

heath

ps-I had NO luck with VirtualDVHS, and I only got DVHSCap to work when I plugged my camera directly into my G5, not the FireWire drives.