View Full Version : Adobe Encore DVD audio

Mike Zorger
January 28th, 2004, 08:53 PM
I just my mini movie on DVD using encore, and the bass seems to be very high. I can hear like crackling sounds and it's bad. How would i fix this problem???

Mike Zorger
January 29th, 2004, 09:14 AM
would i have to lower the bass in premier or something??

Mike Zorger
January 30th, 2004, 06:58 AM
So no one uses Encore??????

Chris Long
January 30th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Mike, I don't use Encore, but I was wondering this: have you tried the DVD on a number of DVD players, just to see if it might be how it plays on one DVD player and not another? I know I've had this happen, where the sound is quite different, depending on the player...

Just a thought.

Mike Zorger
January 30th, 2004, 07:52 AM
no it starts after I export it as mpeg2 from premier pro, and if i watch my video in encore before i burn it, it also has the high bass crackling sound.

Bryan McCullough
January 30th, 2004, 04:21 PM
I use Encore and I don't know how it would change the audio like that.

Alex Dunn
January 30th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Sounds like it's the mpeg encoding that is distorting your bass response. Make sure the MPEG settings are correct prior to encoding and try re-encoding.

I have questions for a person like yourself who has used encore. Can you really make anything a DVD button on the screens rather than the big square button limitations of most DVD authoring softwares?

Bryan McCullough
January 31st, 2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Alex Dunn :
I have questions for a person like yourself who has used encore. Can you really make anything a DVD button on the screens rather than the big square button limitations of most DVD authoring softwares?

With Encore, yes. Anything you can create in Photoshop you can have be a button.

Any DVD authoring program that works with Photoshop files should also do this, but Encore and Photoshop are incredibily integrated.

Before Encore I used DVDit and made buttons with Photoshop.

Mike Zorger
February 1st, 2004, 10:18 AM
ok i'll check my setting for exporting the mpeg2. Do you konw the setting i should be using??

Alex Dunn
February 2nd, 2004, 08:27 AM
Mike, I'm a relative audio novice too, but I think for NTSC DVD it has to be either 48K or 44Khz. I'm not in my office, can anyone else run down the required properties?