View Full Version : Color Bars are not proper

Will Pascoe
February 5th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Hi
I'm using my DVX-100 to shoot some stuff and when I import it into the AVID the scope is suggesting that the color bars from the camera aren't up to professional standards and are a little off the mark (in other words, the bars that the camera outputs are not true).

The monitor has been professionally calibrated and works with other footage from other decks, tapes, cameras, etc but it seems the DVX-100 outputs bars that aren't proper.

Anyone else notice this?

Don Donatello
February 5th, 2004, 12:21 PM
i don't know about AVID .. but on other software scopes you can change the waveform scale to either a 0-255 or 16-235 and a option to add 7.5 set up ..
change the scale to 16-235
if that doesn't change where they fall on the scale
can you take a RGB sample on the
RED , Green , blue .. and also the 3 pluges.

Preston Herrick
February 5th, 2004, 07:40 PM
They're okay on my scopes.

Will Pascoe
February 6th, 2004, 08:11 AM
Well they are looking a little odd on mine and you can - barely - see it on the monitor (not the camera's) so perhaps there is something with my camera (it's new) that needs fixing.

If anyone else has seen anything out of place with their DVX100's bars please post a note here.

Thanks

Don Donatello
February 7th, 2004, 02:50 PM
" looking a little odd on mine and you can - barely - see it on the monitor "

take RGB samples of the red green blue bars and that will tell you if they are off ... also sample the pluges ...

Will Pascoe
February 18th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Did that and they are off. I'm seeing some crap on the bars that shouldn't be there and the scope looks off.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Does everyone else get perfect bars when the plug into a scope?

Jarred Land
February 18th, 2004, 07:41 PM
looks good to me.