View Full Version : Glidecam 2000 forum

Brian Patterson
February 20th, 2004, 03:28 PM
I just got my glidecam for my VX2000 and LOVE IT! Does anyone know a good online forum/discussion board where I can post questions and get answers? I'm hoping for one that obviously gets decent traffic! :)

Thanks in advance!

Jean-Philippe Archibald
February 20th, 2004, 03:58 PM
You can try the Support Your Local Camera (http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=42) forum of this board. Lots of members have experiences with the glidecam or other steadycam like devices.

Casey Visco
February 20th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Indeed, you seem to be in the right place!

Brian Patterson
March 6th, 2004, 12:31 PM
I'm still having trouble properly balancing my GC2000 with my VX2000. I have 3 weight rings on the front and the back at the bottom...is that too much? I have them slightly to the right side to compensate for my side viewing LCD screen to be open. When I pick it up, it lifts straight up and does okay for the most part. I just feel like it is still floating around a bit. I have my left forefinger and thumb ready near the top of the tube to stabilize it if it roams away, but I'm not sure if this is typical or not. I tried the 2-3 second drop idea but I'm not sure I understand that concept fully. Lifting the handlie and the camera straight up, I rotate the base away from me so that the camera is at my chest. Then I let the bottom drop down and the camera swing up. It takes about 1-1.5 seconds...it seems too fast but maybe it's okay. I have tried using only 2 base weight plates and that doesn't seem to work...the GC is all over the place. My last resort is to lengthen the rod a little. I currently have it 1 inch from the base of the GC (like suggested in the manual).

I realize it takes practice, but I'm wondering if I'm on the right track here. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!