View Full Version : Zotz Digital does it again!

Pages : [1] 2

Brian Longley
October 23rd, 2002, 12:07 PM
hello folks; Chris has urged me to get my message out there to the DVI community, and I thought that I would add some special pricing for members.
zotz digital specializes in field packages for videographers, and editing systems, so you let us know when and how we can help. Oregon has no sales tax, so all products are tax free.

LIBEC THM20 video tripods; $195 with delivery included in the 48 states(and ground credit to those outside those boundaries-this is the smallest floating ball level/fluid head tripod that I am aware of, ideal for the smaller DV camcorders
SENNHEISER; Evolution 100 ENG series wireless(mini plug output for camcorders; $490 each, delivery by UPS ground included; lavalier, transmitter, receiver, and plug in transmitter, 1280 channels of UHF
SENNHEISER; ME66/K6 shotgun mic combos; $375, delivery included via UPS ground
CAMKOTE; currently being made for the GL1, GL2, XL1/XL1s Custom XL1, VX2000, PD150, and soon to have one for the AG-DVX100 (January 2003)
Camkote keeps your camera warm and dry in the field; $120, delivery included in North America
XLRPRO Audio Adapter; $140, delivery included via UPS ground in North America, or ground credit applied to delivery outside ground boundaries

these are some of the most popular items, we will be adding quite a few to the threads, and contact us directly about any other items that you are interested in.
keep shooting, it just might be your video they want!

Chris Hurd
October 23rd, 2002, 12:52 PM
Wow, what superb deals, Brian!

Folks, be sure to mention that you saw it on DV Info Net when you order from Zotz.

Much respect,

Keith Loh
October 23rd, 2002, 02:35 PM
It's getting chilly in Vancouver. I'm liking the look of that Camkote. I just hope my Cdn money bears up well against that price.

Brian Longley
October 23rd, 2002, 03:03 PM
Hello Keith; it is in US dollars, but shipping won't be altered, as it comes USPS, and that isn't going to be a problem for a Canadian shipment. You will need to cover your own taxes upon import. Please let me know which model and color, as I would need to give you an accurate time frame for delivery. They are gearing up production on all models at this time, except the new Panasonic cam.
you let me know if I can help. thanks, brian

Keith Loh
October 23rd, 2002, 03:24 PM
Thanks, Brian. I've emailed you for a quote.

Brian Longley
October 25th, 2002, 02:50 PM
another one from zotz digital; the new Panasonic AG-DVX100 for DVI members; $3385, delivery included in the 48 states via Fedex Express. No tax anywhere. thanks to all. brian

Aaron Koolen
November 11th, 2002, 08:47 PM
Just a public thanks to Brian and the crew for my shipment of lovely new ME66 and XLR adapter all the way to New Zealand. Good prices and everything arrived perfectly in order. Too bad customs are stupid and kept the thing for 4 days before I got it ;)

Thanks again guys
Aaron

Christopher Go
December 13th, 2002, 04:50 PM
Recently I purchased my first DV camcorder, a Panasonic AG-DVX100, from Zotz Digital, and for the benefit of the community here I thought I’d share what it was like buying from the Oregon based retailer. As I soon discovered, buying DV equipment is not like other transactions where you shop, see what you want, buy, then go home. There’s so many choices available, a technology learning curve to tackle, the potential for the most expensive single transaction you have ever made on the Internet – sometimes the equivalent of a handsome car down-payment – to go wrong in shipping, or with uninformed salesperson mistakes that the place you go to for your equipment needs should be just as important as researching what camcorder you want. This is especially important for me since I don’t have a lot of money, value my time, and am a student.

For these reasons I’d like to recommend Zotz Digital for anyone looking to make their first or future DV purchases. On every point I listed above they exceeded expectations. Everyone I spoke with at Zotz Digital was very kind and helpful, whether Tom on the phone, or by email. I’ve been communicating with Brian over email since late October and on every occasion he answered within a day (important should you ever run into problems with something). He offered recommendations on products, took the time to answer my concerns over what kind of equipment to use in certain situations, let me know when the products came in, sent me tracking numbers, and genuinely cared about how I thought the camcorder was working (I have to find out soon and respond). The camcorder arrived promptly, was packaged very well, and I even received a shipping discount on Brian’s dollar. The prices of the camcorder, tripod (Libec M20), Tiffen filters, and Kata bag were already some of the best I could find.

Sometimes you’ll hear good things about a sponsor but you have to take it with a grain of salt at first especially if the website owners are the ones saying so. Its only reasonable of course. But now that I’ve gone ahead and bought from one I’m very glad I did and its clear to me that Chris Hurd’s got a great sponsor in Zotz Digital.

Ed Fiebke
December 13th, 2002, 05:28 PM
I'm in the money-saving mode (almost there!!!) for a Canon GL2. I requested a price quote via email and Brian responded well within 24 hours. And the price was very reasonable (only B & H Video in New York City offered a similar price). I had some questions regarding the GL2 . . . and he took the time to respond to these too.

I'm just starting out in the DV world. . . I'm in the same spot I was in the digital-audio recording world 4 years ago. A beginner. Obviously, information gathering is important to me now. So far, Brian of Zotz has kindly answered my questions.

So. . . . I plan on purchasing the GL2 and a couple of accessories from Zotz Ditigal. . . who happens to be a DVinfo sponsor.

Cool!

Regards,

Ted

Ed Fiebke
January 14th, 2003, 11:55 AM
ZotzDigital is one of DVinfo.net's sponsors. Purchased my first - ever - digital camera with tripod and monitor. Brian, at ZotzDigital, was very patient in answering my questions. Additionally, he accepted a check (cashier's check) and promptly mailed the items purchased.

Just want to say a public "Thank You" to ZotzDigital. Consider this an unsolicited endorsement. As DVinfo.net has been helpful in guiding me through the digital-video recording/editing process, so has ZotzDigital been very helpful preparing me for this delightfully new venture for my small business and myself.

Regards,

Ted Fiebke, RN

Nick Kerpchar
January 14th, 2003, 05:46 PM
Ted,
Congratulations on the purchase of the digital cam. Looks like you will be starting on that recruiting video project you mentioned earlier. I have a suggestion (or two).

I think you said the video was aimed at 9th graders..... if so, keep it simple with minimal of professional lingo (e.g., "career path"). Also, if you have some 9 year old brothers or cousins, you might ask them what interests them as far as a future profession is concerned... gear it from their level.

Sounds like a fun project. Best of luck to you.

Nick Kerpchar, RN, BSN, BBA, MS (and a boatload of experience in the trenches)

Ed Fiebke
January 14th, 2003, 08:16 PM
<<<-- Originally posted by Nick Kerpchar : Ted,
Congratulations on the purchase of the digital cam. Looks like you will be starting on that recruiting video project you mentioned earlier. I have a suggestion (or two).

I think you said the video was aimed at 9th graders..... if so, keep it simple with minimal of professional lingo (e.g., "career path"). Also, if you have some 9 year old brothers or cousins, you might ask them what interests them as far as a future profession is concerned... gear it from their level.

Sounds like a fun project. Best of luck to you.

Nick Kerpchar, RN, BSN, BBA, MS (and a boatload of experience in the trenches) -->>>

Nick! ! I Love all of the LETTERS after your name! :)

Your suggestions are well taken! I've started scripting (mostly in my head) and hope to start some of the shooting withing a month's time! In the meanwhile, I will start talking to some 8th and 9th graders as you suggested.

Nick . . . what type of nursing do you do? How are you involved with video?

I'm a full-time ICU/CCU nurse. I also have a business (equally full-time that makes much less $$$) called TOO LIVE NURSE. Give our web-site at look!

http://www.toolivenurse.com

Cheers! :)

Edward Fiebke, RN, A.S., B.M., B.S.N.

The "B.M." is for Bachelor of Music. . . but I hope people think "Bowel Movement". . . sorry. . . sick nursing humor! :)

Jeff Donald
January 14th, 2003, 10:27 PM
I wasn't sure if you could get a degree in that or not (BM).

Jeff

Ed Fiebke
January 15th, 2003, 02:12 AM
<<<-- Originally posted by Jeff Donald : I wasn't sure if you could get a degree in that or not (BM).

Jeff -->>>

L.O.L. - For some, one can get this degree simply through life experience! :)

I got mine at Berklee College of Music. . . and life experience! :D

Ted

Nick Kerpchar
January 15th, 2003, 05:47 PM
Ed,
Is it Ed or Ted, I see you signing both ways in your posts.

Bulk of my clinical has been Med/Surg and NICU, but I have also done community health and psych nursing (scary). I liked NICU a lot but after about four years of it I moved into Nursing Admin and then into Hosp Admin positions and then found my new love, Quality Improvement (I don't miss the shift rotations nor working holidays).

Video has mostly been a hobby but I have made several training videos and some photo montage. I am at the brink of making a major investment by jumping up to a digital cam and NLE system. It took a lot of bed pan emptying to get the coins together but I want all the equipment "free-and-clear".

Good luck with your project. Nick

Ed Fiebke
January 16th, 2003, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the luck, Nick.

Have been working on the script. First on ever for me! I just sit there, think of the dialogue, think of the "action" and think how I would like the camera to "see" the action. Don't know if I'm on target with how the "Pro's" write their scripts. Although I'm working on being detailed with the script, I'm also keeping it simple (basically due to limited equipment. . . one camera, no special lighting, lavalier mikes, etc).

I'm just loving this process. It will be interesting to see how this "script" translates to actual acting by the performers and shooting (by me). My only real concern is the April 1st deadline. Don't think it's going to be done by then because of certain scheduling problems (everyone's nightmare, I'm sure). We'll just see. . . .

Glad to know that there's another nurse here working towards some kind of video production. My long term goal is to do training films for healthcare professionals. . . PICC insertion, "How to work this Pump"; how about "Foley Catheter Insertion - Male"!?! We already have a script for that! :)

Good luck with your video production goals! Figuring out what to buy was half the fun! I would be interested to read what you decide to purchase for yourself.

For me, this really has been a 2 decade old dream that now is slowly being realized. I wish the same to you.

F.Y.I., I go by Ted which is my nickname; Edward is my legal name. I'm called many things. You should hear the names my wife calls me! :)

Cheers!

Ted

M. Raine Lillibridge
March 12th, 2003, 07:37 PM
I'm looking to pick up a JVC Br-dv6000u deck. what could you do on this?

<<<-- Originally posted by Brian Longley : hello folks; Chris has urged me to get my message out there to the DVI community, and I thought that I would add some special pricing for members.
zotz digital specializes in field packages for videographers, and editing systems, so you let us know when and how we can help. Oregon has no sales tax, so all products are tax free.

LIBEC THM20 video tripods; $195 with delivery included in the 48 states(and ground credit to those outside those boundaries-this is the smallest floating ball level/fluid head tripod that I am aware of, ideal for the smaller DV camcorders
SENNHEISER; Evolution 100 ENG series wireless(mini plug output for camcorders; $490 each, delivery by UPS ground included; lavalier, transmitter, receiver, and plug in transmitter, 1280 channels of UHF
SENNHEISER; ME66/K6 shotgun mic combos; $375, delivery included via UPS ground
CAMKOTE; currently being made for the GL1, GL2, XL1/XL1s Custom XL1, VX2000, PD150, and soon to have one for the AG-DVX100 (January 2003)
Camkote keeps your camera warm and dry in the field; $120, delivery included in North America
XLRPRO Audio Adapter; $140, delivery included via UPS ground in North America, or ground credit applied to delivery outside ground boundaries

these are some of the most popular items, we will be adding quite a few to the threads, and contact us directly about any other items that you are interested in.
keep shooting, it just might be your video they want! -->>>

Robert Poulton
March 12th, 2003, 08:25 PM
Great deals Brian. Thanks for the info.

Rob:D

Tom Perrone
March 13th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Keith,

Can you provide more info about Clipstream?

My son and I work on and for http://insidecarolina.com.

We like our video big, clear, and clean. Windows Media Player 9 fits that bill for us. On average, we do 20 to 40 clips per month.

We'd look for Clipstream to do the same for us.

Here is a taste of what we do:

http://insidecarolina.org/commits/03/cangelosi/cangtd3.wmv

http://insidecarolina.org/commits/03/cangelosi/cangtd4.wmv

http://perrone.us/clemson/icmeetsreid.wmv - that's my son Trey taking the hit on the sidelines, but give him credit, he never drops the camera!

http://insidecarolina.org/commits/03/kedra/kedtack1.wmv

http://insidecarolina.org/archive02/Texas/durantTD.wmv - our failed attempt at a 16:9 format

You can e-mail me at tomperrone@insidecarolina.com or use the board here. I look forward to hearing from you.

Ben Lynn
May 8th, 2003, 11:11 AM
Just want to say thanks to Brian for the post and the deals. I just ordered the Evo 100 wireless system and Tom was really helpful over the phone. Thanks.

Ben Lynn

John Long
June 26th, 2003, 09:22 AM
I would just like to recommend Zotz to anyone who is ready to make a purchase. I just purchased my GL2 on Monday and I have it in my hands on Thurs. A day eariler than I expected. Their service is top notch and responded to everyone of my emails sometimes within minutes. Thanks to Brian and everyone at Zotz.
Now time to play with my new GL2!

Jim Quinlan
June 26th, 2003, 09:53 AM
I recently purchased several items from Zotz digital and would have to add they are really nice people to deal with. Very personable in addition to their good prices and fast service.

Alexander McLeod
June 26th, 2003, 09:57 AM
I bought my GL2 from Zotz and everyone there was great. In the past I have been leery about buying over the internet but now I would do it again and probably will pick up things from them from time to time.
Sandy

Phong Huynh
August 16th, 2003, 09:51 PM
Zotz absolutely rocks! They offer QUALITY service for outstanding prices. The people are VERY friendly. I also bought my GL2 there for a great price. Brian is a great guy and tells me about their good deals as well as a tip/warning on time about tapes that I did not know about! I recently bought FCP 4 from them. I reccomend them. Top Notch. Thanks Chris for introducing me to Zotz and all your wonderful sponsors!!

Take Care,

Phong

Nick Medrano
November 19th, 2003, 10:58 AM
Ordered a Libec Ls-35 tripod from them and got it in time with great service from Brian!

These guys are A+!

Zac Stein
November 19th, 2003, 05:17 PM
umm Huzzah means pig :-/

Zac

Dan Lahav
November 21st, 2003, 11:19 PM
huz·zah also huz·za ( P ) Pronunciation Key (h-zä)
interj.
Used to express joy, encouragement, or triumph.

n.
A shout of “huzzah.”
A cheer.

(dictionary.com) i know...im bored :)

Zac Stein
November 21st, 2003, 11:31 PM
heh heh

it is a yiddish word, that means pig... i don't know but if you said that around here everyone would look at you funny.

Ohh well

how things change.

Zac

ps. i did some checking... apparently the term got coined because the cricket teams when they got a wicket would scream "hows that!" and it kept getting abreviated...

Chris Hurd
November 22nd, 2003, 01:47 AM
Funny how words can have different meanings on opposite sides of the planet... "huzzah" in the northeastern United States is a manly, hearty cheer. The equivalent in Texas would be the "rebel yell."

Let's not start on the extremely opposite definitions between the USA and the UK for "fanny." Let's get back on topic now, please!

Dan Lahav
November 27th, 2003, 01:28 PM
actually pig in yiddish is Chazzer (http://www.ariga.com/yiddish.shtml)

Bryan Beasleigh
January 1st, 2004, 11:54 PM
Huzzaah or any derivation is a British cheer which predates cricket matches. Much of the US and canadian heritage is derived from Britain, our system of government and law is as well.

Cody Reich
March 10th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Per the advice of many on this board, I called Brian @ Zotz Digital to ask him a few questions and order a couple small items.

I must say that everything I've read and heard about him and his company is true. He is truly a pleasure to talk to and a wealth of knowledge about GL1's and GL2's. If you're in the market for any digital equipment, please do yourself a favor and call Brian.

Also thanks to everyone who posts on this site, I'll go back to lurking now.

Cody

James Sudik
March 11th, 2004, 12:46 AM
I would concur. Based on the recomendation of this forum I have contacted Zotz, and I am in the process of making a large order (at least it is to me). Tom is the salesman I have been speaking with, over several days of email and phone calls, and he has been of great assistance. This is an honest & fairminded retailer, and I have no concern over fair price, or sales pressure, etc. I will post a follow up, but I imagine it will be more of a testimonial. Good folks!

Pete Bauer
March 11th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Couldn't agree more! My loyalty is tough to win, but Zotz has mine!

Accordingly, Brian and team will be happy to know I'll be calling them this very day to drop a grand or more on my first "real" tripod and XLR audio gear. Even after much research here on DVInfo.net, I'll still have a couple of lingering questions about accessories...and I KNOW they will take their time to sell me the right product.

This happy customer says if you want PERSONALIZED SERVICE, call Zotz.

Alexander McLeod
March 11th, 2004, 09:35 AM
I can add to the above kudos. I didn't know about Zotz until I became involved with this forum. Brian answered all of my questions and I was treated very well. Plus, of course, the GL2 is great.

Sandy

Ryan G. Reed
March 12th, 2004, 04:34 PM
I just purchased a GL-2 and some accessories from Zotz and I was very happy. No run around, and very knowledgeable. I am extremely happy

Mike Avery
May 19th, 2004, 04:32 PM
A few months ago I bought a single 1.8 G5 from Brian at Zotz. Almost from day one I had problems with video freezing on playback in FCP4.

I contacted Brian repeatedly and he was very helpful about trying to figure out the problem, including swapping some hardware, but no luck.

He finally suggested I take it to a local Apple tech to document the problem. As you might expect, on the first visit the freezes weren't evident.

Fortunately, the second time around the freezes did show up. When Brian heard that he got on the phone with Apple and somehow convinced them to replace my machine. I'm assuming Apple doesn't do that very often.

Now I have a new dual 1.8 G5 that seems to be working just great.....and very fast.

Without Brian's persistance this problem would never have been resolved.

I highly recommend Brian. He knows what he's talking about, and he cares about his customers.

Mike Avery
Outdoor Magazine TV/Radio

Gareth Watkins
May 20th, 2004, 01:30 AM
Having just built up a modest video kit, with items purchased over the net, from as far afield as Paris, London, Leeds and Zotz in Grant's Pass USA, I can second the excellent service I received from Brian at Zotz......

Good advice, very good prices and quick efficeint service....

Oh if you order from Europe, be prepared for a four to five week wait while customs processes your goods...(despite a hefty customs charge the items from Zotz are still way cheaper than in the UK or France)

cheers

Gareth

Imran Zaidi
June 18th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Just wanted to chime in really quick about Zotz Digital - as always, a pleasure to do business with them. Just completed a transaction and wanted to offer up some public Kudos to them for always really working with you and for you. Brian's the man over there.

http://www.zotzdigital.com

Oh, and they are a DVi sponsor. How much better can you get than that?: :)

Glen Elliott
June 19th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Do they even sell the 2100 or 170?

Imran Zaidi
June 22nd, 2004, 09:48 AM
That I couldn't tell ya. They don't appear listed on the site. Their main focus I believe is Apple-based video editing systems, though they have lots of other stuff.

Eric Gieg
July 26th, 2004, 04:02 PM
hey, would anyone be able to tell me the price of the shooters package for the GL2 at zotz. Thanks alot , eric gieg

Imran Zaidi
July 26th, 2004, 04:20 PM
You'll definitely want to pose this question to them directly, not here. Just give them a call - they're very helpful.

Eric Gieg
July 26th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Alright , i sent them an email. I figured maybe somebody had already called them and asked. Thanks for your help

Joseph W. Carney Jr
August 23rd, 2004, 07:09 PM
I just ordered the DVX-100a ENG package and an additional DVX-100a. They are great, If I email thrm with a question they get back to me right away. I do not think I have ever experienced such good customer service or fair pricing.

Bill Ravens
August 24th, 2004, 07:25 AM
I've been working with Zotz on ordering an XL2 body kit. They've been VERY responsive and helpful.

Brian Longley
September 9th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Greetings to all of you in DVLand. I have been getting calls from folks about the XL2, most of whom are telling me that no one has them in stock. I do, and we are shipping daily. And sadly, the scams are all ready at work, attemtping to defraud the public.

Please contact me via email or phone, and I will be happy to help. As my clients know, if you email me with your shooting situations, I will be able to send a reply with a list for your consideration: info@zotzdigital.com and 888-577-9689.

For those of you that have been waiting for an easy (and relatively inexpensive) way of enhancing your DV footage to SDI, the Datavideo DAC5 converter is now shipping-we have an Apple/Final Cut solution for this on our site at:
http://www.zotzdigital.com/item.php?pid=179&cid=69

Thanks to you all, brian

zotz digital

Andrew Petrie
September 9th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Bad thing to be hearing about scams so early, but when you think about it, now is the best time to try and defraud people with a hot product like the XL2.

Can't go wrong with one of the DVi sponsors, but perhaps we should keep track of the known scammers, and compile a list of them?

Brian Longley
September 9th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Someone from DVI informed me today that a non dealer is all ready claiming to have them. This is not a new scam, they have one that they bought from a legit dealer, then take numerous deposits for the product at a discount price, and see you later. I have heard so many tales of woe from the folks that have dealt with scams over the years that someone out there should create a list. I am not volunteering for this, it would be a legal nightmare for me. It is far easier to start your search with the manufacturer, and here at DVI.
Best advice, use the dealer locator at Canon, get a quote in writing when you know you have a real dealer on the line, and ask questions that are important to you, and expect the answers. If the dealer isn't listed on Canon's site, would any amount of talk from this seller actually convince you that they are on the level? it is really simple, expect to get what you pay for, you will never lose out.
remember that the online rating systems operated by sites means the seller pays to get a good rating, plain and simple. These sites are not in it to be nice. Even the ones that claim this isn't the case, may not be telling you the truth, this is what your investigation will prove. You find that a company that one site calls a scam, has a nice rating from another.
'tis a jungle out there, don't step in it.

Chris Hurd
September 10th, 2004, 12:30 AM
Yup, and ultimately around this place you really don't need a "bad dealer" list. Just shop from our sponsors such as Brian here, and you're all set.

We've already done the legwork for you.