View Full Version : Camera not detected after virus infection

Hritik Roshan
March 23rd, 2004, 08:53 PM
Hi there,
My computer got a virus and I had to reinstall windows XP, now my computer wont even detect the JVC HD10U, I thought it was a firewire problem but my computer detects the firewire hardware but not the camera. I was in the middle of finishing up a project when my computer got the virus so im really freaking out!!!
Please help!!!!
Thanks

Heath McKnight
March 23rd, 2004, 09:35 PM
Hritik,

I moved this over into the HDV Editing, where people use PCs...

First, what kind of software are you running to edit and capture?

heath

Hritik Roshan
March 23rd, 2004, 09:50 PM
Hi Heath,
I am using the connect HD from Cineform, I also have Premiere Pro. But it seems like my computer wont even detect that there is a camera attached. It used to say A/C Subunit, but it doesnt even say that anymore.

Frederic Lumiere
March 23rd, 2004, 11:38 PM
Hritik,

After reinstalling XP did you download the latest update from the Microsoft site?

David Kennett
March 24th, 2004, 07:34 AM
Hritik,
It seems that there was a procedure for installing the MPEG drivers in the software that came with the camera. Also, you might try the DV mode on the camera - that should be easy to recognize. Just a thought.

Heath McKnight
March 24th, 2004, 10:23 AM
David Newman can definitely help answer that, too!

heath

David Newman
March 24th, 2004, 11:13 AM
I'm no driver expert so this sounds like it might be a job for CineForm Tech support. But here is a trick that might work.

1) Right Click on "My Computer" and select "Manage".
2) Click on "Device Manager".
3) Find your IEEE1394 device driver for your card and uninstall it.
4) Reboot your system. Windows will automatically find your IEEE1394 hardware reinstall that. This should clear out any odd driver conflicts with devices that use IEEE1394.
5) Connect the HD10 -- hopefully the system will see the camera and allow you to reinstall its drivers.

Hope this works.

Hritik Roshan
April 1st, 2004, 04:18 PM
Thanks, your last suggestion worked!!!
I guess all I had to do is uninstall and reinstall my firewire.
Thanks for all your help.
You guys are the greatest!!

Heath McKnight
April 1st, 2004, 10:46 PM
Great to hear you're back up and running! I remember when I thought I lost my film, after I had to recut it! (I was only a quarter of the way done when I lost it the first time and a 1/3 of the way done when I almost lost it the second time.)

I was fortunate to have great friends to help me!

heath