View Full Version : MicroBeam 256

Dan Burnap
May 12th, 2009, 03:20 AM
I am in the market for a new light for low-light events, weddings etc. I'm currently using a PAG C6 witha 30w bulb but am keen to loose the shouldered battery and want longer run times.

The Litepanels micro from reports I´ve read seems too flimsy and low powered for my needs. The new Pro version looks better suited but going by specs the Microbeam (128) out-performs this plus has the metal chassis. However, I'm still concerned by the output levels of this class of light and will probably go for the 256 version. Its not a lot more money wise plus if it is overkill there is always the dimmer..

I will start shooting with my very wide HMC150 soon so I'm hoping the extra width of the 256 will be beneficial.

If anyone has used the 256 I'd love to hear about it. I've read John Bass's very usefull report on the 128.

Anyway, once I do get one of these I'll do my own review.

Dave Stern
May 12th, 2009, 06:34 PM
also check the weights .. I thought I read somewhere that the new prompterpeople lights were on the heavier side than the new litepanels one...

Dan Burnap
May 13th, 2009, 04:23 AM
Good point Dave, plus I am concerned about the width of the 256 model, at about 24cm it's wide enough to be potentially awkward I feel.