View Full Version : Vegas 9 will not render to MPG2

Jason McCormy
May 12th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Hi,

In Vegas 8 I have always rendered from Vegas to MPG2 before bringing it over into Architect. Now, with Vegas 9, I get an unknown error when trying to render to MPG2 but it will render to AVI just fine for DVD Architect. I really prefer to render to MPG2 from Vegas though. Does anyone have an idea what is wrong?

Jeff Harper
May 12th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Jason, this is a long shot, but try rendering to a different drive and see what happens.

Greg Boston
May 13th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Hi,

In Vegas 8 I have always rendered from Vegas to MPG2 before bringing it over into Architect. Now, with Vegas 9, I get an unknown error when trying to render to MPG2 but it will render to AVI just fine for DVD Architect. I really prefer to render to MPG2 from Vegas though. Does anyone have an idea what is wrong?

If you're using the demo version, I believe MPG2 is disabled due to MPEG licensing restrictions. ISTR that was true of earlier demo versions.

-gb-

Jason McCormy
May 13th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Thank you, that turns out to be it. I think. I had been running the demo then bought the upgrade. I had just installed the serial number. Now I unistalled it and reinstalled it with the serial number and it works very well. Merci!

Jeff Harper
May 13th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I've been rendering with the demo with no issues, how is that for inconsistent!

Gene Gajewski
May 13th, 2009, 04:28 PM
I've been rendering with the demo with no issues, how is that for inconsistent!

Is there a licensed version of 8.x still installed perhaps?

Jeff Harper
May 14th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Yes there is.

David Wayne Groves
May 16th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Also running Vegas 9 Demo, no problems rendering to Mpeg 2, and yes I do have Vegas 8 installed as well.......

Brian Rhodes
May 18th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Also running Vegas 9 Demo, no problems rendering to Mpeg 2, and yes I do have Vegas 8 installed as well.......

I am running Vegas 9 Demo, Having problems rendering to Mpeg 2, I do have Vegas 8 installed.

Edward Troxel
May 18th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Generally speaking, MPEG2 is not available in the demo versions. However, MPEG2 has typically worked if a previous version of Vegas with MPEG2 was already working. Remember that MPEG2 is automatically unlocked when you install and register DVD Architect!

So, is MPEG2 working in Vegas 8? Is DVD Architect installed and registered.