View Full Version : P2 To Laptop?

James Steele
May 13th, 2009, 01:53 PM
This may sound like a stupid question but I have spent most of my career shooting on Beta and editing on avid. I have been more of my post on my laptop, I just got premier pro CS4 installed on my laptop, I have an upcoming project that I want to shoot on an HVX200. Can I shoot to the P2 cards and easily transfer the footage to premier pro on my laptop, and will the P2 cards fit into the SD card slot on the laptop?

Dan Brockett
May 13th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Hi James:

If the laptop has an SD card slot, the P2 card is much too large to fit into that slot. If the PC has a PCMCIA slot, the P2 card will fit right into it. If the PC is newer, it probably has an Express Card 34 slot. In that case, you would use a Duel Adapter that fits into the PC's Express Card 34 and the other end has a PCMCIA slot for the P2 card.

In any case, you need to download the P2 drivers from the Panasonic website or your computer won't know what to do with the P2 card.

Good luck,

Dan

James Steele
May 13th, 2009, 06:38 PM
The slot is labeled SD-MS/Pro-MMC-XD. If I can't put the P2 card into the slot can I connect the HVX via USB or ESata connection, I don't have a firewire port.

Dan Brockett
May 13th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Yes, you can use USB. Read the manual or the Barry Green book on how to do this, I don't want to type out a fifteen page post here. P2 is not going into that slot I believe, it sounds too small.

Dan