View Full Version : Prospect HD 4.0.1 crashes PPro CS3

Mario Jesmanowicz
May 17th, 2009, 05:29 PM
I just downloaded and installed latest version of Prospect HD 4.0.1 and it looks like that fixed my pulsing problems on conversion from canon hg20 with HDLink (batch files) but now when I import any cineform avi files the PProc CS3 crashes with an error:

"Sorry, a serious error has occured that requires Adobe Premiere Pro to shut down. We will attempt to save your current project"

if I import music, photos or any videos (that are not cineform avi's like wmv, mpg, quicktime etc...) everything works.

Also if I start new project with some PPro cs3 templates like DV or HDV and try to import cineform AVI, it also crashes.

So the common thing is importing any Cinefrom files wether converted with new HDLink or previous version of HDLink, the PPro crashes.

Anyone had these issues?

thanks for any help

David Newman
May 17th, 2009, 05:39 PM
This has been explained, some PCs are getting CS4 importer components in the CS3 folders (our installer bug -- we don't know why yet), and Adobe doesn't think to check for this (they changed the API, and never thought to put a version numer in it -- Adobe's bug.) So look for CFHD_AVI*.prm and CFHD_MOV*.prm inside your program files/Adobe CS3 folders. Delete any that you find.

Mario Jesmanowicz
May 17th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Thanks

that looks like it fixed the PP CS3 crashing

Param Sivan
May 18th, 2009, 03:53 PM
This has been explained, some PCs are getting CS4 importer components in the CS3 folders (our installer bug -- we don't know why yet), and Adobe doesn't think to check for this (they changed the API, and never thought to put a version numer in it -- Adobe's bug.) So look for CFHD_AVI*.prm and CFHD_MOV*.prm inside your program files/Adobe CS3 folders. Delete any that you find.

Hi David,
I loaded CFH 4 and had so many problem..nearly ripped my computer aprt yesterday. Thanks to this form after spendig 8 hours I finaly found out that it is an Adobe error. I deleted the CFHD*prm file and thank god it works smoothly now..

Now My First light is not worknig at all even from the first time I installed CFHD 4..
please advise

Martin Rahn
May 18th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Hi David,
I loaded CFH 4 and had so many problem..nearly ripped my computer aprt yesterday. Thanks to this form after spendig 8 hours I finaly found out that it is an Adobe error. I deleted the CFHD*prm file and thank god it works smoothly now..

Now My First light is not worknig at all even from the first time I installed CFHD 4..
please advise

I am pretty much in the same position. Both CS3 and CS4 are playing nicely with PHD 4.01.
Unfortunately, First Light has never run. It always crashes with the following dreaded message:

"First Light has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Here are the details:

"Event type: CLR 20R3
P1 FirstLight.exe
P2 P2:0.0.0.0
P3 4a0db50f
P4 Presentation framework
P5 3.0.0.0
P6 45398c20
P7 6496
P8 be
P9 System.windows.markup.xam.parse

I am running Windows XP Pro 32 bit with a QX9650 quad processor and nVidia 8800 GT.
Any suggestions would be appreciated..thanks.

Marty

Jay Bloomfield
May 18th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Do you have .Net Framework 3.5 installed?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=AB99342F-5D1A-413D-8319-81DA479AB0D7&displaylang=en

First Light needs it to run properly.

Martin Rahn
May 18th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Do you have .Net Framework 3.5 installed?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=AB99342F-5D1A-413D-8319-81DA479AB0D7&displaylang=en

First Light needs it to run properly.

Jay:

Thank you. I installed it and First Light works!

Marty

Param Sivan
May 18th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Jay:

Thank you. I installed it and First Light works!

Marty

Hey we should thank this guy heeps man..bloody hell I had so much problemand there is no way I would known that..
How many Presets do u have or can u see under your first lihgt preset for color match ie Kodak..

David Newman
May 19th, 2009, 11:36 AM
duplicate post

David Newman
May 19th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Mario and other that had or have CS3 crash issues with the installer, please try the test described here: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/cineform-software-showcase/235605-premiere-installer-issue-4-0-1-210-a.html

Trying to get some test data on this particular failure.