View Full Version : Pre-perforated paper for DVD case labels?

Stan Harkleroad
May 27th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Anyone know if something like this exists? I've seen paper that had business cards templates already perforated so you could print them and just tear it out without having to worry about cutting. If I could find regular size printer paper already perforated for a DVD case I'd be ecstatic.

Andy Tejral
May 27th, 2009, 07:29 AM
meritline.com sells 'em: Meritline Glossy DVD Case Inserts (Professional Photographic DVD Case Insert) 50 Sheets (http://www.meritline.com/meritline-glossy-dvd-case-inserts---p-20718.aspx)

I haven't bought any in a long time, is this still a good company to buy from?

Stan Harkleroad
May 27th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Nice. Thanks for the link. I am going to order some and try them. I have a graduation commencement I filmed and need at least 75 copies of so this will make the labels a breeze.

Another question though. Usually I take my JPEG or BMP files that is my label to Office Depot or somewhere and get it printed. Are these labels sized so that I could print without using the program I made the case label with? Sure Thing Labeler in my case.

Andy Tejral
May 27th, 2009, 07:47 AM
These are not 8.5 x 11 but I think they are A4 or something like that--it is a standard size. And if I understand your question, yes you can create a pdf or something and print that.

Stan Harkleroad
May 27th, 2009, 07:54 AM
As long as they are a standard size then assuming the print shop doesn't mind I can take a BMP of the finished label and have them print it onto these labels? That's what I'm getting at.

Obviously with 75+ labels I don't want to print at home.

Chris Davis
May 28th, 2009, 04:54 PM
As long as they are a standard size then assuming the print shop doesn't mind I can take a BMP of the finished label and have them print it onto these labels? That's what I'm getting at.

Obviously with 75+ labels I don't want to print at home.They are not letter size (8.5x11) they are A4 size. However, if your print shop is worth a hoot they can print on A4. It's a very common size.

Dave Stern
May 28th, 2009, 06:48 PM
I use the SureThing pre-perforated case inserts and they work great ... A4 size.. I think you can order from them or google it ...

Bill Mecca
May 29th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Neato Fellowes sells the perforated forms. I have an older version of their software which is a PITA with the DVD inserts, as it won't let you rotate the canvas so you have to work somewhat sideways. Anyway, i downloaded a Photoshop template from their site and use that in PS.

Stan Harkleroad
May 29th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the replies. Looks like it will be easier to just print like normal and figure out a more efficient way to cut, either with a good paper cutter or lay something heavy and straight along the edge and use a razor blade.

Shaun Roemich
May 29th, 2009, 01:20 PM
either with a good paper cutter

Haven't found one yet that works right. I use a box cutter and steel ruler with a cork backing, on top of a flexible kitchen cutting board from IKEA.

Robert Petersen
May 29th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Haven't found one yet that works right. I use a box cutter and steel ruler with a cork backing, on top of a flexible kitchen cutting board from IKEA.

I use a Carl RT200 12" roller trimmer with great success. Easy to align, and you see exactly where you are cutting.