View Full Version : where's the bpav

Ed Kukla
June 18th, 2009, 08:08 PM
finally getting up and crawling with my system

I have a macbookpro with clip browser loaded. I transfered some clips to a LaCie external drive. I then tried to use the LaCie software to synch with a second drive for backup. Looking in the first drive, I can't find any bpav folders. All I see are .mxf files. what did I do wrong?

Omar Idris
June 18th, 2009, 08:19 PM
You exported your clips. The .mxf files are from the Clip Browser. The camera creates .MP4 files within the BPAV folder. Copy files over instead of exporting.

Alister Chapman
June 19th, 2009, 12:48 AM
There is an option in the Clip Browser preferences that defines whether imported clips are imported as .MP4 or .MXF. Clips that are copied as opposed to imported will always stay as MP4's.

I find the easiest way to copy clips from one location to another is simply to drag and drop from the top window to the bottom.

Ed Kukla
June 19th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I deleted the old clips from the external hdd

I created a folder on the external hdd to send the new clips to.

I went to the clip browser explorer window on my mbp and 'copied all' from the card. The destination was the external hdd. all the clips went to the hdd but still no bpav folder.

what did I miss? I deselected 'convert in mxf for copying ex to a normal folder'

I looked but cannot find a manual for the clip browser, even tho sony makes mention of it...anybody have a link?

further digging gets me more confused...
in the 'untitled' window that shows the contents of my card, the bpav folder is there; but in the clip browser explorer window under the same folder, it doesn't show...what gives??

Omar Idris
June 19th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Open the card in one explorer window, your destination folder in another. Select all in source folder and paste into destination folder.
See if that works.
The BPAV folder is implicit in the Clip Browser. There is no need for it to appear. Same way all the clips appear to be in the same folder.

Alister Chapman
June 19th, 2009, 02:21 PM
You must refresh the windows to make new folders show up. I don't know why Clip Browser isn't creating BPAV folders. Have you tried just dragging and dropping from one window to the other?